Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cartomizer help

You should be able to get 30-40 drops in an empty carto
    <== broken until I pay another year, or not!

I've used thick juices and thin juices in cartos with no problems. My routine is to drip ten drops in an empty (or washed out) carto with the butt plug and condom in the battery hole. Then I close the open top with the top condom and spin it for about 10-15 seconds (using the Vapor4Life battery bag. I've also heard people using latex gloves). I take off the top condom and the batting should look dry. I'll drip another 10 drops and spin. On average i'll put in about 25 drop, but I know it's possible to put in more drops than that. When vaping I drip a few drops whenever the batting looks dry on top.

But anyway, with thick liquid, the Taryn's "spin trick" really helps.

I think the issue with thicker juices it that at 6v it doesn't wick fast enough. Been using them with PG juice and it rock and rolls. Well sorta. I can't take a hit longer than 3 seconds or so because I'd get 3rd degree burns on my lips. THESE THINGS GET HOT @6v HOLY SHIT.

At 3.7v not sure wtf the point of these are. You can take a 8 second drag and unless you force it down your throat I am getting no TH at all. However its great for 6v cart usage.

You mentioned to wash them, what is the "trick" to these? I've been vaping them dry. Or at least I thought dry, but I can't seem to get more than 10-12 drops max in them without filling up and leaving a giant puddle on the top. Even with a shake or 20.

Quote Originally Posted by evomac View Post
    I think the issue with thicker juices it that at 6v it doesn't wick fast enough. Been using them with PG juice and it rock and rolls. Well sorta. I can't take a hit longer than 3 seconds or so because I'd get 3rd degree burns on my lips. THESE THINGS GET HOT @6v HOLY SHIT.

At 3.7v not sure wtf the point of these are. You can take a 8 second drag and unless you force it down your throat I am getting no TH at all. However its great for 6v cart usage.

You mentioned to wash them, what is the "trick" to these? I've been vaping them dry. Or at least I thought dry, but I can't seem to get more than 10-12 drops max in them without filling up and leaving a giant puddle on the top. Even with a shake or 20.
    evo....the number of drops you "can't" get into your cartomizer may be due to the thickness of your juice not being able to wick into the filler fast enough. Have you tried one of your thinner PG juices to see how many drops you can get in?

I'm personally a fan of using Everclear on the rare occasions I deem to clean out an atty. It does a good job of clearing out all the old liquids and dries very quickly.....just need to prime the atty wick a lot to get it restarted, is all. Everclear should be just as usable in cartomizers....might even be better for cleaning out old/unwanted juice in the filler material.
    "killing conversations one thread at a time"

Come visit our store at: www.ncvape.com

That's what the "spin trick" is for. =) The liquid doesn't absorb fast enough if you're putting in too many drops too fast. It'll result in, like you said, a pool of liquid on top. Shaking never did much for me. But when I spin the cartomizers with a battery bag from V4L or a latex glove, the centrifugal force pushes the juice down. That's what I'm thinking anyway. Thicker juices will absorb slower, but in my experience, thick juices haven't been a problem for cartomizers.

In terms of washing them out, I only give the cartos a wash when changing flavors. What I do is take out the white tip and silicon gasket and run then under warm water. I'll rinse, then blow the excess water through the battery end. Rinse again. Blow out the water. My routine is to do this about four or five times (that's just me.) People report that the carto is dry after blowing out the water, but i let it sit overnight just be sure.

After vaping cartomizers at 5v and 6v, I can't really go back to 3.7. Especially with my SB or BB with altsmoke's 510 to KR/901 adapter. The draw is so airy I can't go for those long traditional 3.7v draws. I also don't get a throat hit and very little vapor. However, I do think it - kind of - depends on what device you're using and how light or stiff the draw is.

If you can...try the spin (not shake) method. If that doesn't work, then the carto may be a bum one.

I'm using probably the thinnest PG juice I have currently, Dekang banana. So I don't think its that. I will try the spin trick though, as I have been shaking them.

The big question is how do you not burn your lips at HV with these?

Quote Originally Posted by evomac View Post
    The big question is how do you not burn your lips at HV with these?
    Quit trying to deep-throat the damn thing and just put the end to your lips! :p
    "killing conversations one thread at a time"

Come visit our store at: www.ncvape.com

I was thinking about that over dinner. My cartomizers never run so hot that they burn my lips, which is why I think you may have a bum one. When I posted the T-Tip and Cartomizer thread, I was just curious to see if T-Tips would work so I could top off easily. I don't like using plastic mouthpieces because I think they tend to carry flavor. But I certainly didn't want a T-Tip because the cartomizers were so hot. I'm thinking your cartomizer isn't working as it should :-< Case in point: I just took three 8 second drags at 5v (I don't normally do this) and the cartomizer did not get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Camnaron View Post
    To me it just sounds like that juice just wicks like shit...
    Thats what she said....*sorry couldnt resist..
    ~Vape It Like You Stole' It !!~..Woot!

All he needs is an amrican fag and a banana in his mouth ~Liscab

I use cartos on my Prodigy V2 and imo they work great. Have not had a chance to try an atty on it yet. I fried the atty that came with the kit lol. Blew out the gunk and went to do a dry burn to get the rest of it out and it blew w/in 3 seconds.
    Anyway..
    It never wicks quite as well as it does the very first time you fill it. Washing it out helps and i do that every few days, but it's still never as good as that first time. I also had to start using the spin method. I took an empty perscription bottle, punched a small hole in the screw on lid and ran 2 feet of 20lb test line through it then tied a barrel swivel on the other end. I fill about 6 cartos till they are just about to start pooling, recap them, then i put all 6 in the bottle and spin. that way I can do more than one at a time since it's a pita time wise. Some i get 25 drops in and some I get 30-35 in. Keeps me from having to fuss with it too much while I am at work.
    As far as the heat is concerned, I like the flavor more when the carto is slightly warm. Seems to be richer, but even with big long draws, it never comes CLOSE to the heat from say, tailpiping a 510 atty.

In regards to the cartos drying by blowing them out after you wash them? I blow the holy fuck out of mine and I can STILL blow a little more water out the next day, so I let them sit for a few days. Thought about putting them in the oven @ 160 degrees for 10 minutes but I am skeered.

-Az

"Do, or do not. There is no try.'"
    -- Jedi Master Yoda