Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Why does my Joye 510 atomizer taste burnt?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    9

    Default

    thank you Lord Vapor (just kidding).

    Yes, you are right about buying small sizes. Absolutely. I have a bunch of 3ml bottles...different strengths...different flavors.

    I'm a dripper and I love it! ha ha
    Have a great Friday!
    Ter

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    65

    Default

    try removing your wick if you're a dripper, here's a video on how you can do that:

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dana Point CA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    BRAVO ! Helluva job with the camera work dude. You realize surgeons get paid millions for similar work doing when doing endoscopic or arthroscopic surgery... Of course I'm not sayin its the same, but is sure is similar and does take some skills !

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VapMeister View Post
    BRAVO ! Helluva job with the camera work dude. You realize surgeons get paid millions for similar work doing when doing endoscopic or arthroscopic surgery... Of course I'm not sayin its the same, but is sure is similar and does take some skills !
    lol i'm humbled =]

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    147

    Default

    These cleaning instructions come straight from Joye Technology.

    Maintenance
    1. Clean the battery and atomizer by using purified alcohol to clean the contact points of the battery and atomizer with a clean paper tissue. By doing this regularly, your cigarette will perform better.
    2. Clean the inside of the atomizer with a paper tissue, to absorb remaining liquid.
    3. If you feel your cigarette does not produce enough smoke or the pulling becomes heavy, it is time to clean. Blow through the atomizer side, on the other side you will see liquid coming out. After this operation, clean everything and dry it with a paper tissue. Your cigarette should be working better now. If the cigarette does not perform better, go to point 4.
    4. Take the inside of an old cartridge and pull it out of the mouthpiece. Rinse it with water and press it dry. Put it back in the cleaned mouthpiece. Pour 2 drops of hot water on the cartridge. Smoke without inhaling for a few minutes and check the cartridges. If the cartridge is brown, take it out and repeat the procedure until clean. Then put in a new cartridge and new battery. Your cigarette should be ok now.
    Grand cleaning operation
    Sometimes you might think your atomizer is dead, because smoke reduces significantly. In this case you can do the following:
    -Take out the cartridge and mouthpiece and battery.
    -Clean contact points of battery and atomizer with purified alcohol.
    -Take the atomizer with the big opening up and pour purified alcohol inside. Shake the atomizer for at least 2 minutes, drain the alcohol through the small hole at the other side and repeat this at least 3 times
    -Rinse the atomizer with hot water and let it dry for 16 hours standing up.
    -After 16 hours, if your atomizer is dry, you can put in a new cartridge and new battery. Your cigarette will work normal again.


    These instructions should negate all the atomizer soaking urban legends. Do NOT soak your atomizer for an extended time, you'll end up with a very clean non-functioning atomizer.
    The Widow
    http://widowsbeadwork.com
    use VF-MEMBERS coupon code for 7.5% discount on your complete order

  6. #26

    Default

    I have personally boiled all my attys in diet coke with no ill effect. In fact they get so clean that it takes a couple hours of normal use to get them coated good and producing big clouds again. I rinse them with water right after and it takes some battery juice to steam the water out. For the most part they get their flavor back to new though.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    4,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Widow View Post
    These cleaning instructions come straight from Joye Technology.

    Maintenance
    1. Clean the battery and atomizer by using purified alcohol to clean the contact points of the battery and atomizer with a clean paper tissue. By doing this regularly, your cigarette will perform better.
    2. Clean the inside of the atomizer with a paper tissue, to absorb remaining liquid.
    3. If you feel your cigarette does not produce enough smoke or the pulling becomes heavy, it is time to clean. Blow through the atomizer side, on the other side you will see liquid coming out. After this operation, clean everything and dry it with a paper tissue. Your cigarette should be working better now. If the cigarette does not perform better, go to point 4.
    4. Take the inside of an old cartridge and pull it out of the mouthpiece. Rinse it with water and press it dry. Put it back in the cleaned mouthpiece. Pour 2 drops of hot water on the cartridge. Smoke without inhaling for a few minutes and check the cartridges. If the cartridge is brown, take it out and repeat the procedure until clean. Then put in a new cartridge and new battery. Your cigarette should be ok now.
    Grand cleaning operation
    Sometimes you might think your atomizer is dead, because smoke reduces significantly. In this case you can do the following:
    -Take out the cartridge and mouthpiece and battery.
    -Clean contact points of battery and atomizer with purified alcohol.
    -Take the atomizer with the big opening up and pour purified alcohol inside. Shake the atomizer for at least 2 minutes, drain the alcohol through the small hole at the other side and repeat this at least 3 times
    -Rinse the atomizer with hot water and let it dry for 16 hours standing up.
    -After 16 hours, if your atomizer is dry, you can put in a new cartridge and new battery. Your cigarette will work normal again.


    These instructions should negate all the atomizer soaking urban legends. Do NOT soak your atomizer for an extended time, you'll end up with a very clean non-functioning atomizer.
    i Soak my 510s and i have NEVER lost a single atty from it... so its realy just up to the user personally i never liked Joyes instructions... the thought of something flammable is my atty doesn't sound good at all
    Johnny Awesome


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, N.Y.
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camnaron View Post
    i Soak my 510s and i have NEVER lost a single atty from it... so its realy just up to the user personally i never liked Joyes instructions... the thought of something flammable is my atty doesn't sound good at all
    I was thinking of vaping gasoline

    not a good idea, huh?
    Follow me @Milano_II

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    63

    Talking MrSteve Takes one for the team

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystofer View Post
    We were all noobies too, hell, who am I kidding, I still AM one.

    Anything we discover that can be shared and spare other people the misery of finding out the hard way is good for EVERYONE. Leaves you free to make other more disasterous mistakes while we are still dicking with lousy carts....

    And good show getting your day count ticker setup! (I had one, but *shrug* Even thinking about how long I've been off analogues is thinking about analogues too much. The further I can get from them, the better)

    Another thing, real quick.. I couldn't tell at first, but you will get a hint you're about to get that burnt flavor... the flavor and heat will change a bit. I think it takes some getting used to the "normal" feel of it before you'll catch it, but I've started catching it BEFORE it does it. The time it takes me to re-drip gives the atty time to cool as well, so I don't burn at all. First time I noticed it I wanted to facepalm so hard.
    Krystofer has inspired me I will drop a atty into the boiling spaghetti pot and let it dry and see if I can prove or dispell the myth of the submerged atty once and for all. Stay Tuned Vapeing Citizens.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arnold, MD
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Removing the wick (per phi's video) worked wonders for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •