Thread: Vaping in Hong Kong

Default Vaping in Hong Kong

I will be in Hong Kong sometime this month... I have been told that you can get caught by the cops if seen vaping. Is this true? I can understand...the selling thing... BUT being apprehended vaping is just ridiculous. Can anybody shed some light here? What is the truth?

Probably not a good idea, Rannie (to say the least):

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...216&con_type=3

In what is said to be the first case of its kind, two men have been arrested for possessing electronic cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by sky9 View Post
    Can someone please explain me this math?

He found that Hong Kong cigarettes cost 159 euros (HK$1,864); Vienna, 180 euros; Melbourne, 203; Copenhagen, 214; Helsinki, 220; Frankfurt, 235; Paris, 265; Singapore, 265; New York, 300; London, 369; and Dublin, 423.

compared the euro retail price of 1,000 cigarettes between Hong Kong and other high income cities.
    the math is for 50cartons

Quote Originally Posted by sky9 View Post
    the math is for 50cartons
    Omg, LOL, thank you, I was starting to think I was going crazy.

Rannie, I wouldn't be so worried if I was you, remember that the media always loves to blow everything out of proportion, the best way to find out the real deal is to ask residents personally when you are there.

The article linked here is a typical example of media used to scare people.
    Just keep a low profile and you will be OK.

Besides, you always have the excuse that being a "tourist" , you didn't know anything about it.

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate it. I shall give you a hands on report after my trip.... I fly to HK on Dec 29. I have a feeling my MODS should make a difference. They are more familiar with the 510's and the likes. I'll just say..."I love puffing on my flashlight...got a problem with that?" LOL! Time to use my starbucks cup mod! I will post some pics of it soon.

happy vaping guys and stay away from those analogs!