Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Fathead Encouraging Lawsuits Against PV Companies

Default John Fathead Encouraging Lawsuits Against PV Companies

Been awhile since we heard from the greedy SOB:

http://www.pr-inside.com/e-cigarette...y-r1609529.htm

E-Cigarette Law Suits Being Made Easy / / Class Actions Can Be Filed or Joined by Purchasers

He's providing instructions on his POS website on how to sue PV makers.

It's amazing...I've never seen a fathead suck his own dick before.....

I need to go wash my monitor now.
    Ever feel like you're diagonally parked in a parallel universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Vatic vapor View Post
    There's an empty bottle of pills, an empty bag of cheetos, he's naked and his penis is orange.......overdose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
    (eat a dick ride!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cassavetes View Post
    Vagina avoids Ride.

That is so cool that anyone can write a press release. Even cooler that you can write one about yourself and make yourself sound like the savior of mankind.

Time for Treece's press release to resurrect:

Law Professor John Banzhaf Sued by His Own Ego

2009-08-31 In what may prove to be a landmark case, Law Professor John Banzhaf's Ego filed a lawsuit today against Law Professor John Banzhaf, stating, among other charges, that Law Professor John Banzhaf has failed to send out enough press releases this year about Law Professor John Banzhaf. In lieu of monetary compensation, Law Professor John Banzhaf's Ego seeks immediate and permanent transfer into a larger, more powerful being, such as God or Satan.

"This has nothing to do with right or wrong. This is about me," Law Professor John Banzhaf's Ego said. "I'm tired of playing second fiddle to cigarettes and French fries. I deserve better than that. I'm bigger than that."

The exact size of Law Professor John Banzhaf's Ego is unknown, but experts speculate that, if unraveled, it could be wrapped around the circumference of the earth at least 200 times. "It's really, really huge," said one theoretical physicist, who didn't want to be named to avoid being sued by Law Professor John Banzhaf. "I'm not sure it would fit in God, to be honest."

Both God and Satan declined to be interviewed, but issued a brief, joint statement: "What can we say? We don't want him. So sue us."

Which is likely to be exactly what Law Professor John Banzhaf's Ego will do.
    Last edited by JustJulie; 12-01-2009 at 12:14 PM.

You know what would be interesting?

File a lawsuit against an e-cig company, but work with the defense to ensure that the plaintiffs case gets blown out of the water and ensure a ruling in favor of the defendant in the lawsuit.

Of course, colluding in such a manner to hijack a trial specifically for the purpose of setting legal precedence in favor of PV's, if not illegal, is highly unethical, but if it ever were to happen, I'd want to be the one to measure the length his brain matter traveled away from his body when his head explodes after reading the ruling. I bet it'd set a long distance record.

To file a law suit, a purchaser need not have suffered any medical or other problem as a result of using the product. Prof. Banzhaf explains that the legal actions which have so far been filed against e-cigarette sellers have relied upon consumer protection statutes which do not require any specific injuries.
    Oh... Oh!!! I want to sue the companies that sold me ecigs because by extending the length of my life by 20-30 years... they have just increased my cost of life by a minimum of a million dollars! How can I afford to pay all that money to live another 20 years? How DARE these PV sellers! The NERVE of them!!!
    Don't forget to join National Vapers Club and help fight the e-cigarette bans!
    www.VapersClub.com
    I cannot get PM's on this forum. I can be reached at VapersClub@aol.com.

...new product
    which the Food and Drug Administration [FDA] has declared "illegal"....
    i was unaware i was taking part in illegal activities... what a n00b

Fathead reminds me of how old Jack Thompson acted back in the 90's/ early 2000's (Video game activist from hell)
    in the end he got disbarred

"dip it, plug it, suck it, puff it, your done"

Default Even Banszhaf must know he's a bit of a...

Last edited by Anoid; 12-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.

I want to, yet again, thank Treece for locating another important piece of research material for us. I want to start by saying that it is lawyers like these that make me ashamed to be an attorney. I also want to make the disclaimer that I do not specialize in Consumer Protection law (I did intern for the Consumer Protection Division in law school; so I am familiar enough with these causes of action) and that my comments merely reflect my opinion on this matter (sorry for the legal-disclaimer-CYA).

With that said, I read the Complaint and do not find it to be wholly without merit; from a legal standpoint. They do stretch out the facts and are heavy-handed in their approach. But, that is to be expected in a suit of this nature.

The only damning allegations against SE revolves around the assertion that they have been marketing this device and liquid as "totally safe" ( contains no known ingredients [that] are considered cancer causing agents). But, if you read the language, it is a seemingly ambiguous assertion. That is "no KNOWN ingredients". But shouldn't they have known that there were naturally-occurring carcinogens(nitrosamines) in the nicotene. This could cause SE some problems. I see this, if they did market them as "totally safe", as a by-product of the same greedy tactics that these lawyers are using.

As for "no tobacco, no tar, no real smoke and chemicals found in regular cigarettes"; I see no misrepresentation there. And "a healthy alternative to traditional smoking"; probably the case.

As for the argument in the Complaint that e-cigs have the "same impurities and same cancer-causing agents as traditional cigarettes"; there certainly seems to be a strong argument against that assertion.

I could go on all night picking apart this Complaint but I will sum it up quickly. This consumer protection route could work. Certain e-cigarette and e-liquid vendors need to stop saying that these products are completely safe until they have the scientific data to back up that assertion. They just need to give people the facts and ingredients, and have the consumer make up his/her own mind with the information provided. Otherwise, these suits will crop up all over the country.

Personally, as a consumer, I did my homework before I bought one of these units. Do I pretend that it is completely safe?; no, because I just don't know (noone does yet). But I do know that conventional cigarettes were killing me with a deadly cocktail of chemicals not found in e-cigarettes (even in the FDAs witch hunt-like testing). So,as an educated consumer, I'm not going to be handing over my e-cigarette and demanding back my money in some class action suit (not by a long shot). They will have to, to quote an old cliche, pry it from my cold dead hands.

And Dr. Siegel responds:

And if lawsuits against e-cigarette sellers are warranted, then so are lawsuits against nicotine replacement drug makers. Those products also contain trace levels of carcinogens about which consumers have not been informed.
    http://www.tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/

(Shut up, Julie. )