Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to charge those 18650 battery's?

Default How long does it take to charge those 18650 battery's?

How long does it take to charge those 18650, 3.7 V, 3000 mah, battery's? Going on 7 hours now!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKIE View Post
    How long does it take to charge those 18650, 3.7 V, 3000 mah, battery's? Going on 7 hours now!
    OK, done charging 8 Hours Total.

It will be worth it.....you'll be vaping with them for a day or so.
    Mine are 2600mAh and they last me (heavy vaping) at least 36 hours....clock time...not actual vaping time.
    I have 3: Two in the charger, one in my prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by GEPv2.0 View Post
    Mine are 2600mAh and they last me (heavy vaping) at least 36 hours....clock time...not actual vaping time.
    Thanks, Want to try them in my Chuck, using 6volt now.

Quote Originally Posted by GEPv2.0 View Post
    This is something I do not understand. People say that are heavy vaping. If a 18650 2600mah is lasting you 36 hours that is definately not heavy vaping. Under optimal circumstances, the most I have ever gottem out os a 2600mah is 14 hours.
    MjMetz for president of NVC in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TDM View Post
    This is something I do not understand. People say that are heavy vaping. If a 18650 2600mah is lasting you 36 hours that is definately not heavy vaping. Under optimal circumstances, the most I have ever gottem out os a 2600mah is 14 hours.
    I can not answer that, first time using them, but Jeff maker of the Chuck say's this: CHUCK uses an 18650 (3.7v) battery and will typically last 3-4 days between battery swaps.
    I tend to swap mine every 2 days just for optimal performance.

TDM: Maybe your lungs hold more air than mine do and thus your vapes are "bigger".

Who knows? That's why the phrase "Your mileage may vary" rings true in so many circumstances other than automobiles.

Edit: And I did qualify it as "clock hours" not actual usage time....perhapst that's where the confusion lies....

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKIE View Post
    Depends entirely on your charger. Typically Li-ion chargers will charge at 100ma or 500ma but there are others out there. If you are still charging after 7 hours then I suspect you are charging it at 100ma. Try a different charger and it should help quite a bit.

As for longevity, I'm pretty average as a vaper (about 5 ml a day) and I tested a fresh charge. I got 20 hours (actual vaping) at high voltage and it was still sitting at 2 of the 4 lights on the fuel gauge. Great bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuck View Post
    Depends entirely on your charger. Typically Li-ion chargers will charge at 100ma or 500ma but there are others out there. If you are still charging after 7 hours then I suspect you are charging it at 100ma. Try a different charger and it should help quite a bit.

As for longevity, I'm pretty average as a vaper (about 5 ml a day) and I tested a fresh charge. I got 20 hours (actual vaping) at high voltage and it was still sitting at 2 of the 4 lights on the fuel gauge. Great bats.
    Output of the charger is 450ma, and it took 8 hours, first time charge, where on the boat from China for 3 weeks.

I consider myself a pretty steady to heavy vaper and I get a good 12 hours use out of my 18650's (2400mAh). I have 2 batteries use one all day at work, and swap out when I get home.
    The first time I charged mine I think they took about 5 hours to charge. I don't even pay attention now.