Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sources for Ethyl Maltol?

Default Sources for Ethyl Maltol?

I've found 1 so far to buy it here http://store.perfumersapprentice.com/ac-12201.html
    which I think is the one everyone has been using.
    Any other suppliers have this that you've found?
    And any in liquid form already? ...all I've seen is the powder that you need to saturate into a solution. Not a big deal but would be more convenient.

wench, the ethyl maltol i got from PA was premixed. I got a small bottle. Must have been the 2.5ml bottle. here's a search on ethyl maltol at PA's site. As long as it doesn't say crystalline, it should be premixed. i know mine is green when mixed, same as crystals.

http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bi...2Fnsearch.html

Got some on the way from perfumers apprentice , good to know it comes as a premix. I thought it was only in the crystalline form.

Also found this company that sells it for a alternative source if need be.
    Listed under Raw Materials,It's about half way down the price list page. ( I hate their webpage setup )
    Here's sizes and price.
    RW102338 ethyl maltol
    5 grams $7.24
    10 grams $9.27
    25 grams $10.13
    100 grams $15.22
    200 grams $19.11
    http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/rawmoffr.html

noob question wtf is ethyl maltol is it a different base 2 vape with ?
    GO VOLS...GO 278TH ACR

From the wiki..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethyl_maltol
    It's a flavor enhancer, sweet caramelish-marshmallow taste.
    Currently being used with tobacco absolute's as a additive to take the harsh rough taste off and mellow it out.
    It's also used in Ecopure, it's what gives it that marshmallow taste it has.

oh ok i understand ...thks
    GO VOLS...GO 278TH ACR

Update, got mine in from PA. It is in crystal form, came in a nice glass bottle but not a big deal really if not premixed. I got the 1 oz size. Smells lovely : D

...And I hollered "Don't look, Ethyl!", but it was too late. She'd already been brown-eyed.
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????

wench, mine doesn't smell lovely. i'm wondering if the watered stuff is different? mine says ethyl maltol though. it's pitch black, but mixes green.

i'm going to add some vodka to mine and see if i can bring out the nutty flavor, which it doesn't have. mine smells more like stinky feet!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefreak View Post
    wench, mine doesn't smell lovely. i'm wondering if the watered stuff is different? mine says ethyl maltol though. it's pitch black, but mixes green.

i'm going to add some vodka to mine and see if i can bring out the nutty flavor, which it doesn't have. mine smells more like stinky feet!
    I wonder if that's what the problem was at Johnson Creek, when their juices were green and nasty smelling? We had ordered some of their Kona Coffee flavor, and it was so nasty we had to throw it out.
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????