Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best cartomizer to use with Provari

Default Best cartomizer to use with Provari

Hi.

I've been vaping 13 weeks so not a total newb, but I don't get into the mods and all that. Just trying to quit smoking!

I had a C-Twist to start out. Cartomizers lasted about a week before I had to change them.
    However, I didn't like the temperment of the C-Twist. Hot, cold, big draw, small draw, etc.

After hearing all the reviews, I upgraded to a Provari.

Since switching, I've had so many problems with the cartomizers.
    After one day, they either flood or turn my juice brown and tasteless.

I'm on this thing all day (I go through a full tank in a day). I usually hit three times per drag to get a large, full draw. I vape at a 4.0.

Only thing I can think of is that my length of draw is blowing out the cartos. But if that's the case, why didn't it do it with the C-Twist?

SO.... what kind of tank cartomizer should I be using with the Provari?

Not interested in the wicking system or upgrading the mod. I'm already in the negative on $$ spent after upgrading to the Provari.

Who makes the best cartos and what should I be looking for?

Thanks
    Dave
    (Smoke free for 92D 5HR:5MN:42SC)

Default Re: Best cartomizer to use with Provari

What kind are you using now? Boge?
    How are you punching them?
    I usually get 2-3 days out of a carto. You may be punching the hole too big.
    Boges and Smoktech SC are the best cartos , IMHO.
    Using a protank now. Lasts about a week between coil changes.
    Originally Posted by CountryCarolyn View Post
    Are you so elligitmately uniformed about what real statues of libatations, that you don't comprehend he has nothing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    I gots 99, but a fuck ain't one.

I believe they are Boges.
    They come single hole, pre-punched.
    Standard resistance...?photo.JPG

I had a "short tank" on the Provari. Guys at the shop said if I went to the "taller" tank and got the larger carto, it might help. I guess because there is more coil/cotton - it wouldn't heat up as much.

Didn't work. By evening it was a super hard draw.

The hole looks pretty big. Maybe I should try the double punch with the smaller holes?

Quote Originally Posted by imdavegoodman View Post
    Hi.

I've been vaping 13 weeks so not a total newb, but I don't get into the mods and all that. Just trying to quit smoking!

I had a C-Twist to start out. Cartomizers lasted about a week before I had to change them.
    However, I didn't like the temperment of the C-Twist. Hot, cold, big draw, small draw, etc.

I'm on this thing all day (I go through a full tank in a day). I usually hit three times per drag to get a large, full draw. I vape at a 4.0.

Only thing I can think of is that my length of draw is blowing out the cartos. But if that's the case, why didn't it do it with the C-Twist?

Not interested in the wicking system or upgrading the mod. I'm already in the negative on $$ spent after upgrading to the Provari.

Thanks
    Dave
    Ikenvapes makes the best cartos. Their on vacation until I think the 15th. They said there will be a big stock update when they return. They run out quickly, so your best best is put some stuff on the wish list. Boges are pretty good cartos still. Smoke tech sucks.

Mom and pop vapors have some nice tanks.

If your cartos are flooding in the tank, try pushing the carto back out a little, not enough so the juice leaks out. Turn the tank upside down and push the carto back in. This should push the juice out of the carto back in the tank. This is another reason why boges work better, they're filled from the bottom, so thers not the flooding that you get with the flanged.

What are the ohms on your cartos?
    "I'll always be here for you when you fall"
    - floor

Quote Originally Posted by imdavegoodman View Post
    Hi.

Thanks
    Dave
    Ikenvapes makes the best cartos. Their on vacation until I think the 15th. They said there will be a big stock update when they return. They run out quickly, so your best best is put some stuff on the wish list. Boges are pretty good cartos still. Smoke tech sucks.

Mom and pop vapors have some nice tanks.

If your cartos are flooding in the tank, try pushing the carto back out a little, not enough so the juice leaks out. Turn the tank upside down and push the carto back in. This should push the juice out of the carto back in the tank. This is another reason why boges work better, they're filled from the bottom, so thers not the flooding that you get with the flanged.

What are the ohms on your cartos?
    "I'll always be here for you when you fall"
    - floor

Thanks for the recs. I'll try anything at this point.

I believe I'm using a 3ohm standard resistance Boge cartomizer.
    My Provari reads 2.8 resistance (??), voltage at 4.0

I just want to be able to smoke/vape/hit this Provari all day with a good, solid draw.

Bummer to spend the $$ on an upgrade and have it be worse.

Quit being a dumb shit Dave, turn it up to 5 volts and try it. You shouldn't have to take 3-4 long ass hits per draw. If you turn it up you can take a shorter hit, and bitches might like you then.

Ohio, I cant help it I was born here and Im stuck

I am having a hard time trying to figure this out. I only vaped carto tanks for a long while. Smoketech dct cartos suck donkey dick. the correct reply to your question is always boge. I only used boge 2 and 3 ohm single hole prepunched for a long time and I never had an issue. I would get a week or two sometimes more, even using 50/50 dark juices. I used it at 4.8 on my twist and 5.5 on my zmax and digital egos. I am thinking you may have got a bad batch of cartos, either that or your trying to vape super glue.

On another note, if the cartos keep giving you trouble pick up a $2 adapter and a Kanger evod or protank if you want a large juice amount on hand. You will not need a 510 to ego adapter for the protank. You will not be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchesbrew269 View Post
    I am having a hard time trying to figure this out. I only vaped carto tanks for a long while. Smoketech dct cartos suck donkey dick. the correct reply to your question is always boge. I only used boge 2 and 3 ohm single hole prepunched for a long time and I never had an issue. I would get a week or two sometimes more, even using 50/50 dark juices. I used it at 4.8 on my twist and 5.5 on my zmax and digital egos. I am thinking you may have got a bad batch of cartos, either that or your trying to vape super glue.

On another note, if the cartos keep giving you trouble pick up a $2 adapter and a Kanger evod or protank if you want a large juice amount on hand. You will not need a 510 to ego adapter for the protank. You will not be disapointed.
    Don't let this perma-noob stunt your journey Dave, he's almost as big of a dumbshit as you

Ohio, I cant help it I was born here and Im stuck

Thanks Kase.