Page 1 of 251 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamu Mods - chit chat, feedback, questions

Default Mamu Mods - chit chat, feedback, questions

Welcome to my thread. :peng:

I've been receiving requests for my mods, what's available, what my plans are, how much, yada yada... so here's a thread for all that stuff.

[B]*When I have mods for sale, I will post here: [URL="http://www.vapersforum.com/showthread.php?47323-Mamu-Mods-what-s-current-and-what-s-for-sale"] Mamu Mods - what's current, and what's for sale[/URL]. This is a first come, first served type of thing.*[/B]

For those who have my mods and need mod service or have questions, please contact me at [B][U]mmods @ howder . com[/U][/B] (without the spaces).

My prices are based on the following...
    - Cost of parts specific for the mod being built.

- Cost of modding supplies used in the build (wires, solder, flux, electrical tape, Kapton tape, heat shrink tubing, epoxy, etc).

- Cost of modding equipment wear and tear and replacement (soldering iron, soldering tips, heat gun, drill bits, dremel, dremel flex shaft, dremel attachments, needle files, etc).

- Warranty: all mods come with a 90 day warranty where there is no cost to you for a service issue except for shipping the mod to me. If the mod has been damaged, misused, abused, or vaped with while plugged in for charging, the warranty is null and void. Out of warranty service issues include the cost for the replacements part(s), labor @ $10/hr, and return shipping fee. Lately, I've been charging a flat fee of $10 for labor, no matter how long it takes to complete the service, so think I will continue with that.

- PayPal fees (ranges between $5 and $8 depending on the price of the mod), business fees, taxes.

- Labor: preset in the price of the mod @ $15/hr. Total labor cost varies with each mod and depending on the mod I'm making ranges between 4 hours to 8 hours. I'm not the fastest modder out there, in fact, I'm prob the slowest. :( I don't rush through a build, rather I take it slow and careful and pay attention to details and what I'm doing. If the build takes longer than expected, the extra time is not added to the price of the mod. If I muck up a case, that cost is deducted from what I receive in labor. If there are any doa parts or parts I muck up, that cost is deducted from what I receive in labor. If I need to do warranty work, part or all of the parts replacement cost is deducted from what I receive in labor. Sometimes I offer a customer a reduced price due to aesthetics (this is when the case has a mark or two that either came that way or I oops during the build, or anything I feel is aesthetically off with the mod), that reduced cost is deducted from what I receive in labor. I absorb these out of pocket costs and deduct them from what I make in labor cuz I don't want to pass these kind of modding expenses to my customers.

So... here are my plans... I will be making the DNA20D Stealth Mod (DSM), DNA20D Milo (DMilo), DNA20D Delsy (DDelsy), DNA20D Lexi (DLexi), and DNA20D Max (DMax) mods for sale.

----------------------------------------------
    [B]The following are the mods I plan to do and the current price. [/B]

[B]Shipping is $6 priority mail USA - USA shipping only. I highly recommend you opt for signature confirmation and/or insurance as I am not responsible for lost mods/delivered to wrong address type issues once the package is submitted to USPS.[/B]

[B][SIZE=3][I][FONT=Times New Roman]Note: All of the following mods have an external fuse wired to the lipoly batt for added protection and safety in case of a short circuit, electronics fault with the DNA20D module, or battery fail. The fuse will protect you and the entire circuit if one of these situations should occur.[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/B]

[B]DNA20D Stealth Mod (DSM)... $185[/B] (many thanks to breaktru and retird for the inspiration for this mod)
    - 69mm x 33mm x 22mm
    - teeny tiny pocket friendly mod weighing only 2.2 oz
    - internal 1200mAh 25C lipoly batt
    - ss juice well
    - includes USB charging cord
    - the case is plastic, unpainted, and given a sanding with medium grit sandpaper to remove the on/off words on the case, marks on the case, and the uneven front to back side seams. So it has a bit of a grainy and rustic look to it.

Ninja Stealth (left); Standard Stealth (right)
    [img]http://www.howder.com/stealthy2.jpg[/img]

----------------------------------
    [B]DNA20D Tera Mod (DTERA)... $190[/B]
    - 66mm x 32mm x 27mm
    - aluminum case
    - teeny tiny pocket friendly mod weighing only 3.2 oz
    - internal 1600mAh 20C lipoly batt
    - ss juice well

[img]http://www.howder.com/tera.jpg[/img]

[B]DNA20D Milo (DMilo)... $185[/B] (many thanks to d9mel for the inspiration for this mod)
    - 89mm x 38mm x 29mm
    - aluminum case with a custom made black transparent Lexan door
    - dual internal 1200mAh 25C lipoly batts (2400mAh 60A)
    - ss juice well
    - will be making assorted colors

[img]http://www.howder.com/_milo-s.jpg[/img]

[B]DNA20D Delsy (DDelsy)... $210[/B]
    - 76mm x 51mm x 23mm
    - small wood case
    - custom modified fire button with 10,000,000 clicks life cycle
    - custom modified black matte beauty ring for the connector
    - internal 1500mAh 20C lipoly batt

[img]http://www.howder.com/_delsy-s.jpg[/img]

[B]DNA20D Lexi (DLexi)... $240[/B]
    - 94mm x 44mm x 21mm
    - aluminum case with metal end caps
    - internal 1500mAh 20C lipoly batt
    - ss anti-vandal fire button
    - custom modified black glossy beauty ring for the connector
    - batt status LEDs
    - flashlight
    - red, black, silver colors

[img]http://www.howder.com/rsb-lexi2.jpg[/img]

[B]DNA20D Max (DMax)... $260[/B] (I will prob only make a few Max mods - the bugger is a LOT of work what with having to dremel out the 6 aluminum insert bars along the entire length of each side inside the case - I and my dremel take about a 2 hour beating having to do this and I don't charge for this labor. :D)
    - 99mm x 45mm x 23mm
    - aluminum case with metal end caps
    - dual internal 1800mAh 20C lipoly batts (3600mAh 72A)
    - custom modified black glossy beauty ring for the connector
    - silver, red, and black colors

[img]http://www.howder.com/3max1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.howder.com/3max2.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by mamu; 11-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Default Re: Mamu Mods

Wow!! Congrats Mamu, you went for it!!! I've been wanting to ask, how many have you made? It appears they have been numbered, from what I've read.

[QUOTE=Laurabolyard;1101709]Wow!! Congrats Mamu, you went for it!!! I've been wanting to ask, how many have you made? It appears they have been numbered, from what I've read.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how many I've made - going on over 200 by now I reckon. :D

Some mods are numbered and some are not.

these wont last long, absolutely beautiful mamu!
    Check out my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/VaticVapor

BEAUTIFUL! Too bad I've been cut to 20 hours a week and my rent just went waaaaaaaaaay up! Oh well - you keep bouncing back Mamu, and so does my income. One day you'll have a mod I like and I'll have some bucks! Meanwhile, I appreciate the pr0n - particularly the little black Lexi and the DNA20D Delsy. [I]Drooooooooooooooooooooool.[/I] :egyptian:

Delsy is so dreamy. :eyes:

Surprised to see those top 2 20's priced so reasonably. Crazy thang. :)

In God We Trust New US Motto - Everyone does it

[QUOTE=mj;1101743]Surprised to see those top 2 20's priced so reasonably. Crazy thang. :)[/QUOTE]

The top 2 are cheaper in parts, less custom modification, easier build, and less labor.

As for the rest of my mods... just opposite of the top 2. :D

Great to see this Mamu, I have been following your mods and am so glad to see your thread here!

In other words, subscribing...
    Women are Angels
    And when someone breaks our wings, our spirit, or our hearts, we simply continue to fly
    on a broomstick...
    We are flexible like that

:popcorn:

i still like the silver Max the best, with my big hands and all ...