Thread: 18350 - 18650 voltage and charger questions

Default 18350 - 18650 voltage and charger questions

18350 and 18650 IMR batteries - how low are you discharging them before you recharge?

I've read where people are changing them out from 3.2 to 3.6 volts, but I'm looking for some vape-specific number when it's time to change out.

I'm using EFest 3.7 800mah 18350 IMR, and EFest high drain 2250mah 18650 IMR if that matters.

Also - I'm using A Trustfire TR-001 charger and don't really have any issue with it, but I'm going to order some more batts and another charger as an upgrade/spare.

Any suggestions on a better charger or one that can charge more batts at a time?

TIA

Default Re: 18350 - 18650 voltage and charger questions

I've got the tr-003, charges 4 batts at once, haven't had any issues. As far as discharge level, the lower you take them, the more you stress them, and the faster they build internal resistance. Once the internal resistance gets too high, it stops holding as much of a charge. I'd recommend not letting them get any lower than 3.5 volts before recharging.

I use a wp6 II and I recharge the batteries when my mod tells me to (3.4V?)....... or if I'm using a regular mod, I recharge when they start sucking bawls (3.7v)

Batteries are by far the smallest part of my vaping budget. I see no need to coddle them.

You didn't say what you are running them in, if in one of the myriad of China VV PV's just run them till the device stops.

And my 3 year old, still working fine Trustfire TR-001 was some of the best vaping $ spent.
    Last edited by WillyB; 01-10-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    I prefer a criticism even if sharp from a single intelligent man to the ill-considered approval of the great masses.

-Johannes Kepler

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    just run them till the device stops.
    This is what I do and in a Mamu mod that takes them down to about 3volts.

I try to swap them out around 3.4, but if I get absorbed in work, they end up at the cutoff around 3 and it doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 of None View Post
    18350 and 18650 IMR batteries - how low are you discharging them before you recharge?

I've read where people are changing them out from 3.2 to 3.6 volts, but I'm looking for some vape-specific number when it's time to change out.

I'm using EFest 3.7 800mah 18350 IMR, and EFest high drain 2250mah 18650 IMR if that matters.

Also - I'm using A Trustfire TR-001 charger and don't really have any issue with it, but I'm going to order some more batts and another charger as an upgrade/spare.

Any suggestions on a better charger or one that can charge more batts at a time?

TIA

Using a Vamo.
    Wasn't sure if it had a cut off, or if draining them that low was a bad idea.

Thanks for the info so far.

You're good ...

Vamo instructions:
    1: Output Voltage/Wattage from 3.0V to 6.0V, or 3 -15W atts adjusting the working volt (+- 0.1V) and watt (+-3-15) by pressing + and - buttons.
    2: Keep pressing the + button more than 3 sec, LCD screen displays the present working resistance.
    3: Keep pressing the - button more than 3 sec, the LCD screen showing the battery volt.
    4: 5X click, LCD screen displays " on " or " off ".
    5: Output power 3W~15W.
    6: Max Armature Current 5A.
    7: on/off Mode allows you to shut the unit off completely.
    8: Reverse battery protection keeps circuit safe if the battery is installed backward.
    9: Battery Monitoring shuts the unit off once battery has reached end of charge.
    10: Amperage limiting system protects against over current situations.
    11: Thermal Monitoring shuts the device off if it detects a high temperature condition.
    12: Fit atomizers with resistance 1.5~5.0ohm.
    13: Time limit protection function, it will shut down with more than 10s each puff.
    14: LCD displays " LO-Ω" if resistance lower than 1.2ohm, "LO-V" if short circuit. BTW, VAMO support both AVG or RMS, keep pressing " +" button more than 10sec, if LCD screen displays 001 means AVG, 002 means RMS, loose the " +" button and keep pressing it more than 10sec, you may change AVG to RMS or RMS to AVG.