Thread: Ego Twist - Light works but wont fire

Default Ego Twist - Light works but wont fire

So yesterday my ego twist fell and the button was dislodged.

I look on youtube, boom removed the top and while I was reseating the button I somehow managed to pop the wire off the connector head.

So I got my 25w sodering iron out and attached it back.

The light works, the on/off works, but no matter what carto I put on it wont fire.

Any ideas? Has anyone one fucked with an ego yet?
    Currently using: SmokTech Vmax V3, Ego-Twist 1000mAh, Vivi Nova 3.5ml, AGAT+ (kinda!)

I can't find my multi-meter, When I take the kids swimming today I will stop buy and pick one up. But if anyone knows the ego board and what points to check for power to the attie that would be great.
    Currently using: SmokTech Vmax V3, Ego-Twist 1000mAh, Vivi Nova 3.5ml, AGAT+ (kinda!)

I'm sure you soldered it fine. It probably suffered damage other than the disconnected wire. Buying a mm to try to fix a $20 batt seems silly to me.

Or you may have re-soldered it to the wrong point... was it one of the wires on the circuit board? If I remember correctly there are extra soldering points on it... just a suggestion.

Or maybe theres a ground in the bottom "twist" part that got ripped off and the circuitry it stoping it from working?

I would think it pretty evident which point had broken solder on/in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    I'm sure you soldered it fine. It probably suffered damage other than the disconnected wire. Buying a mm to try to fix a $20 batt seems silly to me.
    I just bought a 39.99 MM for $9.99 .. and I know I have one in the shed/garage somewhere or it was borrowed never to be returned.

Its not about fixing a 22$ Batt .. well at least not for me anyways .. Its just that if I can fix it, why not?

I just need to know HOW to fix it

So you got the meter on it yet ? Any juice ?

Not Yet, I will tonight when I get back from swimming with the kids .. swim/bbq/ then Nolan batman marathon (1&2), once the kids are in bed, I will get out the new MM and poke around.

I am thinking maybe a wire is disconnected from the VV bottom, maybe I pulled it out harder then I thought .. yeah i know .. that's what she said ..

Throw it the fuck away and order another one. And be more careful.

In God We Trust New US Motto - Everyone does it

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    I would think it pretty evident which point had broken solder on/in it.
    Usually the very thin wire snaps right where it was soldered... not the solder or the solder point itself. Also like I said I think there are a few extra tabs with solder on them as well.

And if a ground was pulled off in the bottom twist part the button circuitry probably wouldn't fire.

Just trying to help