Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual Coil Vs. Single Coil Cartomizers

Default Dual Coil Vs. Single Coil Cartomizers

In this video I take apart a single coil cartomizer and a dual coil cartomizer to show you what they are made of and how they work. Then I compare the vapor, Throat Hit, and Vaper each cartomizer produces.

I can tell ya that no matter what i am not gonna use a duel coil ever in my tanks. i had dry hits, airy taste, fried an ego and just suck all around. i stick to single coil they run just fine for my liking. I don't ever recommend duels because of so many issues.
    :p My opinion only counts if you want to listen to me :p Home of denali #59 and minxy dink #5

I feel ya. If I use cartos, I prefer the single coils as well.

I would suggest trying madvapes standard size duel coil suckers burn so hot that you can't touch the carto. I bought some in my quest of a good duel coil and gave up after those. also duels work good on some mods, singles work on all mods.
    :p My opinion only counts if you want to listen to me :p Home of denali #59 and minxy dink #5

Quote Originally Posted by riptrippers View Post
    In this video I take apart a single coil cartomizer and a dual coil cartomizer to show you what they are made of and how they work. Then I compare the vapor, Throat Hit, and Vaper each cartomizer produces.
    This must have been the most uninformative video I have ever seen. Please if you're going to talk about dual coil cartomizer please get your facts correct. Talk about how the two coils and how they are in series making them receive just half the power and 6 volts is not the same as 5.5, you are hitting each coil on dual at 7.2 watts and the single at 12.2 watts. The advantage the dual has is surface area. You didn't even mention the wicking material the goes on the coils before the polyfill...
    Just all bad.

Not that I'm advocating dual coils, just good information.
    Last edited by thegcpu; 06-25-2012 at 11:24 PM.

I'm honestly surprised they still make dual coils. I guess the noobs love them.

I just got an email from smoketech they have new sct tanks coming out lol you ask you shall receive. yes single coil tanks for the noobs that might not know. no more dct duel coil tanks yes we have a choice now

Are they just shorter tanks or are they the same tanks with XL single coils included ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozthepissedoffhippy View Post
    Are they just shorter tanks or are they the same tanks with XL single coils included ?
    I'm guessing they are the shorty SCT tanks that I got from healthcabin its a mini tank for regular sized cartos
    Current toys - Buzz pro with m1a1, Provari with 901 Silver bullet, 5v auto switch box mod, Reo grande -Reo mini
    Soon to have- Stainless steel Line :P
    Currently vaping Buzz pro + Genesis LV

I don't get it. A tank is a tank, right? The type of carto you use makes it a DCT or SCT - or am I missing something here? I get it that a shorter tank may be accommodating for the SC but it's not like we can't buy those now, right?