32g kanthal a1
    32 gauge nr wire
    ody wick

kit

huge center pin stickout

pulled apart

bottom of coil head

you can see where the wires are grabbed on

didnt get a pic of this but to take coil out, you pull the center pin out just grab it with finger nail or tweezers and then pull rubber gasket out also remove silicone top gasket, there is a metal shim in there, dont lose it

this baffled me, no non resistant wire on the tails, this is a problem because the tails will glow since they are wrapped around nothing, burn and melt gasket and you will inhale melted rubber

cut two pieces of ody wick to the length of the stock wick

cut resistance and no resistance wire, i guess on this but if you have a multimeter you can check where you want you resistance

twist nr wire onto r wire

once twisted, twist the remainder of the nr wire onto the part you twisted first

cut excess off and get your two wick together and wrap around it leaving the two "twist knots" of wire at the ends, you wont need a paper clip this wick holds straight pretty good.

positiong wick in coil head and run wires out the bottom and wedge wick in there until it bottoms out on the wick channels

bend neg wire down and keep other in center. it is crucial your positive isnt touching the walls of the chamber, it will short out

slide positive throug gasket and push gasket into place making sure negative is getting smashed by it.

push center pin in to hold positive wire

trim excess wire

screw it onto vivi base and check resistance and for shorts

prime your wick and slide silicone sleeve with metal bushing in there (the one mentioned earlier)

fill

mount

vape

in terms of vapor production, this one destroys the phoenix, in terms of wicking this one is lacking, anything close to 5 volts at 2.5 ohm will give you dry hits, 4.5 volt you will get 5-6 good hits then dry burns, 4 volts dry burns occasionally. overall i like it but i need to solve my dry burn problem. hope it helps, any questions feel free to ask

i'm just trying the VIVI for the first time - i like an airy draw, but this seems too airy. i've been looping a fiber over the bottom cap to black one of the holes. i'm sure i could come up with something to stick in there - just haven't yet.

I have to admit, i don't get how/where to use the NR wire - have to look more closely and think on that one.

Like this, you will twist it onto resistance wire, it will be the middle part, the tail ends are the no resistance

Close up of the twist

thank you!

No problem
    I went ahead and cut the wick tails to about a quarter inch on each side wicking a lot better. Testing continues.

Vid
    Last edited by Paradiso; 05-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.

I never thought to wrap the NR wire around the coil like that... I was thinking of just pigtailing the NR wire and coil near the wick. Is this how you make all of your coils? I've never seen it done in this manner.

Yes learned it from imeo this method is used in Odysseus. Can't get the Fukin thing to wick right.

I notice you are using Ody wick - did you give up on the idea of cotton?

Wanted to do different setup. If you accidentally dry burn the cotton will catch on fire. This thin is really pushing my buttons right now. How do you guys use ce2 setups with no dry burn? Fukin weird