Thread: Tell these f*ckers we don't smoke.

Default Tell these f*ckers we don't smoke.

This week we sent the letter below to all of the Marion County legislators. Today we are calling them all to make sure they got it and explain that they should not put a smokeless product into a smoking ban.

REALLY need some help... today is short and there are a lot of them to call. They vote Monday. If you can help call 2 or 3 of them... please post in this thread and I will assign you 2 or 3 to call so we can get them done faster.

Thanks...

Spikey

Marion County Legislators,

My name is Spike Babaian. I am writing on behalf of National Vapers Club. We are a consumer organization started in 2009 to educate the public about e-cigarettes.

In 2009 we fought a ban on e-cigarettes in Suffolk County, New York. We successfully stopped the ban on sales, but they banned indoor use “until such time as scientific evidence shows e-cigarette vapor is not harmful to bystanders”. We spent the last 2 years raising over $100,000 and we hired an air quality researcher to determine whether e-cigarette vapor was harmful to bystanders. Last week he submitted that paper for publication in a peer reviewed journal. Below is the abstract of that paper (also available at www.IVAQS.com). The researcher is available to speak with you and answer any questions you have. He can be reached by email at mcauleyt@airqualitychange.com or by phone at XXXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXXXX.

IVAQS Project Abstract

Characterization of High Nicotine Electronic Cigarette Liquids (E-Liquids) for Assessing the Impact of E-cigarette Vapor on Indoor Air Quality

1McAuley, TR*, 2Hopke, PK, 2Zhao, J, 4Babaian, S

*Address correspondence to Timothy R. McAuley, Consulting for Health, Air, Nature, & a Greener Environment, LLC, 14 Stonehurst Drive, Queensbury, NY 12804-9358 email: mcauleyt@airqualitychange.com

ABSTRACT

Context: Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) have earned considerable attention in recent years as an alternative to smoking tobacco, but uncertainties about the impact on health and indoor air quality have resulted in proposals for bans on indoor e-cigarette use.

Objective: To assess the impact on indoor air quality and public health relating to the use of e-cigarettes, a series of studies were conducted using e-cigarettes and standard tobacco cigarettes.

Methods and Materials: Four different high nicotine e-liquids were vaporized in two sets of experiments by generic 2-piece e-cigarettes to collect emissions and assess indoor air concentrations of common tobacco smoke byproducts. Tobacco cigarette smoke tests were conducted for comparison.

Results: Comparisons of the pollutant concentrations were made between e-cigarette vapor and the tobacco smoke samples. From these results, toxicity analysis (based on a 40 m3 room) evaluated HIs (Total Cumulative Hazard Indices) and ELCRs (Excess Lifetime Cancer Risks) from all pollutants compared to acceptable Risk Limits. Non-cancer risk analysis revealed “No Significant Risk” of harm to human health for vapor from e-liquids (A-D). In contrast, for tobacco smoke most findings markedly exceeded the HI Risk Limit indicating a condition of “Significant Risk” of harm to human health. No cumulative ELCR for vapor from e-liquids A-D exceeded the Cancer Risk Limit for either children or adults. The tobacco smoke sample approached the ELCR Risk Limit for adult exposure.

Conclusions: Electronic cigarettes produce very small exposures relative to cigarettes and are not likely to produce discernible cancer or non-cancer related health effects.

In light of this new evidence, we recently contacted the Suffolk County, NY legislature and asked some of the legislators to sponsor a bill to reverse the indoor e-cigarette use ban. We expect that will happen next year as it is already late in the 2012 legislative session. We ask that you reconsider Prop 136 in light of this new evidence. We will submit a press release shortly on the results of this study. If you have health experts that would like to review the full paper they can contact us and we are happy to work with them.

Thank you for your time.

Spike Babaian
    National Vapers Club President – www.VapersClub.com
    Chicago Vapefest – www.Vapefest.com
    IVAQS Project – www.IVAQS.com
    516 695-7007
    Last edited by Spikey; 04-13-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Don't forget to join National Vapers Club and help fight the e-cigarette bans!
    www.VapersClub.com
    I cannot get PM's on this forum. I can be reached at VapersClub@aol.com.

We don't smoke.
    Chaos is a registered sex offender.

Quote Originally Posted by Deweycox View Post
    I make $59 an hour 40 hours a week. Fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Sometimes life is simple, if we heed warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    We don't smoke.
    You posted... I would make you call them... but you are in Canada? Not sure that will help.
    www.VapersClub.com

Really? No one cares? Fuck it then... let them ban it .. I am not gona call either. What the hell do I care... I am not from there.
    www.VapersClub.com

I am lying.. I am gona call anyway... I just can't believe that no one gives a shit but me?
    www.VapersClub.com

If anyone bothers to email them... you might include this one...

rlutz@indy.gov

and send a copy to the Mayor here...
    http://www.indy.gov/eGov/Mayor/getin...ContactUs.aspx
    www.VapersClub.com

& Vernon Brown's # is wrong on the CASAA page... # is..

Phone: 317-501-6680
    www.VapersClub.com