Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dripping attys

Look for 1.7 - 1.8 ohm atties. If your eGo battery is a Smoktech and not a genuine Joye battery, I think it's unregulated. Have you noticed that your throat hit and temperature are stronger on a full charge? If so, it should do around 4 volts under load with a full charge. 1.8 ohm atties do well at that voltage. You might even try a 1.5 ohm atty or two if you vape 12mg or lower nic juice, or if you just want to try a stronger throat hit.

I'm very fond of these 510's and these io6's. I've dripped on Joye, SLB and some unbranded Chinese knockoff 306, 510 and 901 attys; and I think the IKV atties offer the best performance and longevity. And IKV atties don't ship soaked in primer, so they're ready to vape as soon as you unwrap them. Some people swear by the HH.357, but I can't really see myself spending $20+ on an atomizer when (according to Grimm Green) they don't perform any more impressively than similar 510's.

Consider switching to a boosted variable voltage device, such as a LavaTube or ProVari (as opposed to those vv eGo batteries, which should more accurately be called tiered voltage limited). Since I got my ProVari, I've discovered that I seriously enjoy dialing the voltage in differently for different juices. Flavors seem to blend together differently at different levels of power. Additionally, you can get a stronger throat hit using a lower nicotine concentration if you turn the voltage up.

510, 306, io6 and HH.357 all fit on a 510 battery connection.
    Last edited by rojo; 04-07-2012 at 08:06 PM.

I am currently considering the Provari Mini for a VV device. Nothing else seems to match the quality and function of the Provari. I have looked at the lava tube but heard it had issues with low ohm devices. That wont work for me as that is all I have. I would hate to throw out 35 carto's. (yeah i went a bit nuts).

Edit:
    After looking around a bunch I think I will go with one of the Iken Vape atty's. They just have a quality look about them. I ordered one of those and a fancy drip tip. Now if I can just get over the sticker shock and get the Provari
    Last edited by hooked911; 04-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked911 View Post
    I am currently considering the Provari Mini for a VV device. Nothing else seems to match the quality and function of the Provari. I have looked at the lava tube but heard it had issues with low ohm devices. That wont work for me as that is all I have. I would hate to throw out 35 carto's. (yeah i went a bit nuts).

Edit:
    After looking around a bunch I think I will go with one of the Iken Vape atty's. They just have a quality look about them. I ordered one of those and a fancy drip tip. Now if I can just get over the sticker shock and get the Provari
    Yep
    I luvs the io6 atties
    LuckyKitty-Fuck um. Let them say what they want. I am in the same mental class as Liscab and Conrad

High Desert has bridgeless atty for dripping.
    http://highdesertecigs.com/510-atomi...idgeless-.html
    This is the best I've found. My original one has lasted two weeks and still going.
    Smokey

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    High Desert has bridgeless atty for dripping.
    http://highdesertecigs.com/510-atomi...idgeless-.html
    This is the best I've found. My original one has lasted two weeks and still going.
    Smokey
    i have some of these smokey - and do like them. what do you use them on? I use egos - and also have 306 attys- the 306 hits stronger - but is much hotter so I won't be using them a lot until my XL 306 drip tips come. HOT HOT HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    i have some of these smokey - and do like them. what do you use them on? I use egos - and also have 306 attys- the 306 hits stronger - but is much hotter so I won't be using them a lot until my XL 306 drip tips come. HOT HOT HOT!
    I use them on my eGo batts. I leave the cone off. They cool down faster.
    I have a bad habit of puffing a lot instead of long easy draws. I'm working on it.
    Smokey
    Last edited by Smokey; 04-08-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Evelyn, Try some of that butter rum on a 306. I bet it will knock ya down! Have fun with that stuff. If you dont like it you can put it in your car battery to make it last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I use them on my eGo batts. I leave the cone off. They cool down faster.
    I have a bad habit of puffing a lot instead of long easy draws. I'm working on it.
    Smokey

I use a shorty cone that doesn't cover the atty. Still hot. I'm talking about heat on the drip tip - toasty lips. Not painful, just a bit startling at times. the XL tip is supposed to solve that by keeping your mouth further away from the atty.

I got the XL drip tip on your advice. Thanks!!!