Thread: HEY HOOSIERS: Call to action (tomorrow)

Default HEY HOOSIERS: Call to action (tomorrow)

From CASAA:

City Councilman Michael J. McQuillen has informed CASAA that he intends to "offer an amendment to exempt e-cigarettes from the smoking ban language" during the Rules and Public Policy Committee meeting on Tuesday April 3rd.

He also told us, "a good showing of concerned citizens would have the most effectiveness during the meeting." So, if you live in the area and can attend, please contact us ASAP!
    http://casaamedia.blogspot.com/2012/...n-call-to.html

Personally, I don't see why a person can't enjoy a smoke or a vape, but ... well ... Puritans.....

At 5:30 I will be at work. Sorry Treece, I do wish I could help
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicks Vap-oh-yeah View Post
    And for the record, I do NOT have a toxic box...I haven't killed anyone with sex for a long...LONG time

Quote Originally Posted by facethebob View Post
    At 5:30 I will be at work. Sorry Treece, I do wish I could help
    Yeah, it's tough, I know ... especially with so little notice.

If you know someone who might be able to attend, will you please send them the CASAA link? Phone calls, etc., too ... every little bit helps.

Info is here: http://casaa.org/CTA__Indianapolis-Marion.html

Oy. I'll be so glad when this legislative session is over....

Thanks, FTB.

The committee defeated a proposed amendment that would have allowed use of electronic cigarettes where smoking is banned. It added an exemption for the Downtown Indianapolis off-track betting parlor.

Passage by the full council is expected April 16.

<snip>

The most spirited discussion was over e-cigarettes, which emit nicotine-laced vapor. Users said they’re harmless to bystanders, but anti-smoking advocates said too much still was unknown about potential risks.

A statement issued by Greg Conley, legal director of Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives, which supports the use of e-cigarettes, said the committee “relied on inaccurate and misleading information.”
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...es-smoking-ban

*sigh*

Many thanks to the folks who showed up to make their voices heard. I would imagine it's frustrating listening to so much misinformation being shared, but even when the ball doesn't bounce in our direction, we're doing a great job of raising awareness of e-cigarettes as a less harmful alternative to smoking. That's no small thing.

So does this stand any chance of being over ruled before the 16th of April? Would it do any good to have tons and tons of email or snail mail or whatever dropped on them to change their minds? I know that being from a different state can't help but at least you would all have a couple of weeks to kick ass on the letter writing.
    "The ecig community is filled with some of the strangest mother fuckers Ive ever encountered on the net. I can't even begin to guess why." Nuck

Quote Originally Posted by dawn View Post
    So does this stand any chance of being over ruled before the 16th of April? Would it do any good to have tons and tons of email or snail mail or whatever dropped on them to change their minds? I know that being from a different state can't help but at least you would all have a couple of weeks to kick ass on the letter writing.
    Every little bit helps.

I think at this point, though, the most effective thing would be for Indianapolis vapers to lobby their representatives.

Man, tha's preactically next door.......I know Illinois' probably not far behind.........

Tbh with all the redistricting I'm not sure who my present rep is though I know I voted against her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicks Vap-oh-yeah View Post
    The pussification of America continues
    Incase 556 replies I'll start off by saying fuck u 556...