Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethyl Maltol

Default Ethyl Maltol

I'm starting to DIY again and just got some supplies in today. i have some ethyl maltol crystals that i would like to use.

I mixed up 1/4 Tsp of ethyl maltol crystals with 9ml of PGA.

I'm not sure if I should be mixing the crystals with PGA, PG or VG ro what ratio i should be using to turn it into a liquid flavoring.

I would really like to make a version of ecopure rich and the only recipe I have seen is Pirated pure from wench.

I made a no nic batch of it and it and it is not right.

Gonna let it steep of course, but it just tastes like VG right now.

waiting on my flavorings from another vendor.

Never used PGA, just dissolved mine into PG and IIRC the ratio was higher on the EM to liquid. Basically you want to saturate the liquid until it wont take any more then use it very sparingly like a few drops in 10ml of juice. Mine tasted like the cotton candy flavor, bit of a burnt sugar thing.

What is ecopure rich? Share the recipe and I will try it too.

This is the recipe i am talking about. http://www.vapersforum.com/showthrea...t=pirated+pure
    Ecopure rich is made by intellicig and is very expensive. It's very subtle but i love it.

Ethyl maltol is basically cotton candy flavor. I do have loranns cotton candy flavor coming as well as other flavors.

Not sure on the strength of the EM that way but seems way too much to me. Then again who knows til you try it. I am really surprised that you say it just tastes like VG and would think that it would be way over the top. Might be one of those flavors that kicks in when mixed with something else.

That carmel popcorn sounds good and one I have been meaning to try (dont have capellas but I do have a couple other popcorns that we have not gotten to yet).

I really need to spend a little more time experimenting with the flavors. I have been making up stand alones to try and get them to where they have a good flavor thinking that from there blending them would be easier.

I've had good success with 1/4tsp to 10ml of PG. Takes awhile to dissolve, can be quickened by sticking the bottle in a hot water bath but you're still looking at a full day for all of it to dissolve.

As for the recipe I'm not sure...I know over on ecf when I browse the recipes (only reason I log in to that shit hole) some guys and gals were saying the bwb malty is just straight EM as well. If you dare browse that section you might see what they did to nail it down. I haven't tried either of these juices, so I can't say for certain.

Is the eco pure really sweet? You could try adding 2%-3% capellas marshmellow if you've got it. It adds some body as well as tons of sweetness to the mix.

I doubt steeping will help that much since there's only one flavor in it. But you can try waiting a couple days and see if the flavor comes out more.

I put some in a glass bottle and add PG and then heat up in the microwave and shake, it dissolves better warmed (I don't go all the way to 'hot'). Youe keep adding Em to the mix until it doesn't dissolve anymore, there will be some crystals on the bottom of the bottle.

That's the best way to make a saturated EM solution IMHO.....you can decant from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicks Vap-oh-yeah View Post
    The pussification of America continues
    Incase 556 replies I'll start off by saying fuck u 556...

I personally think PGA adds a little 'alcohol burn' to juices. I use it when I desire that effect in the juice I'm making, but I always mix crystals in PG to keep the final solution as 'neutral' as possible. Meaning, I want the solution to get it flavors from the crystals and have no outside factor influencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivisi View Post
    I personally think PGA adds a little 'alcohol burn' to juices. I use it when I desire that effect in the juice I'm making, but I always mix crystals in PG to keep the final solution as 'neutral' as possible. Meaning, I want the solution to get it flavors from the crystals and have no outside factor influencing it.
    What ratio would you recommend for 10ml?

1/4 tsp per 10ml??

I have PG, so I will try this next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    What ratio would you recommend for 10ml?

1/4 tsp per 10ml??

I have PG, so I will try this next.
    That's a good place to start. It'll dissolve better, too, if they're good and crushed up before you add them to the bottle. I've never had to apply the warming method for them to dissolve because when I mix crystals, I grind them to about the consistency of granulated sugar. It still takes a couple of minutes, but has been a reliable method so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivisi View Post
    That's a good place to start. It'll dissolve better, too, if they're good and crushed up before you add them to the bottle. I've never had to apply the warming method for them to dissolve because when I mix crystals, I grind them to about the consistency of granulated sugar. It still takes a couple of minutes, but has been a reliable method so far.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.