Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BPA in Poly-carbonate Cartomizers

This is true but managing exposure is what its all about if something is of concern. The Romans did themselves a favor by stopping the use of lead for water pipes.

Bottles are generally made from food grade HDPE or PET and have been shown to be very safe for storing food in but polycarbonate, acrylic or whatever these tanks might be made out of now or in the future isnt used in this way showing at least some prior indication to its safety like the use of PG and VG in the medical fields.

I would be all over a stardust type tank in glass, lead free please.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    T

I would be all over a stardust type tank in glass, lead free please.
    YES! And it it was rebuild-able - switch out parts and such - even better!

Get on that for us, will you OCD?

Sorry Evelyn, what I am working on wont even go on an eGo battery but it will be glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    among other things, and can therefore cause limp dick in men.
    Will it change the smell any ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozthepissedoffhippy View Post
    Will it change the smell any ?
    dunno - maybe make your dick smell like pussy?

There easier ways to get it to smell like pussy...

I've been thinking of messing around and trying to make some glass tubes, but it requires some equipment I don't have and is fairly costly. The tubing itself is dirt cheap, for pyrex or quartz, JT sure which would be better. The issue is to cut it precisely enough for tanks you need a glass tube cutter, not just a file to score it. They run $30-$80. Then after its cut you need to anneal it, the act of cutting it stresses the glass and makes it more prone to breaking. By annealing it with a torch you relieve the stress which makes it sturdier. Then you flame polish the edges to remove the sharp edges left from the cut.

You could probably get away with cutting it and doing a wet polish on the ends, but I worry about how durable it'd be. I don't know about anyone else, but I drop my pv's more often than I'd like to admit. So I want something to stand up to the abuse. I just can't justify the $400 or so for the cutter and torch.