Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: High Blood Pressure Vaping

Angiodema?! Thanks alot Mbradst. I think I'll have a side of alprazolam with my lisinopril please.
    Check out my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/VaticVapor

I have vaped and i have chewed and neither of them seems to of raised my blood pressure. if anything it has relaxed me. If you are having problems i would suggest you talk to your doctor and he might have to bump up your med dosage or start exercising which will help out in the long run.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    MODS: White VV box mod, Mantis (white), 3 Provari V2's (Black/Chrome)

HOME OF THE DENALI #48 MOD

Past Mods:
    Diamente, Maxi Rough Stack, 5v WOW mod
    The Kick, Lavatube, EGO 650's, Alpha, Silver Bullets (orange/silver Vein)

Quote Originally Posted by VapingGecko View Post
    I have vaped and i have chewed and neither of them seems to of raised my blood pressure. if anything it has relaxed me. If you are having problems i would suggest you talk to your doctor and he might have to bump up your med dosage or start exercising which will help out in the long run.
    this may a huge difference !!!!!
    LuckyKitty-Fuck um. Let them say what they want. I am in the same mental class as Liscab and Conrad

i dont know how it could effect your blood pressure. best way is to start exercising more, walking is the best exercise and the cheapest.

I have fine blood pressure and exercise very regularly. 24/m, 5'9" 150lbs. What I do have is an elevated blood ferritin level (200 ng/mL) (all other readings normal). The doctor immediately thought I had hepatitis or another serious body problem. I told him I was a non smoker (true), but used electronic cigarettes. He wasn't too familiar with them, and seemed skeptical that they would be an issue. I looked into it and apparently it can be caused by the patch, nicotine gum, etc. I tried not vaping for a good 24 hours before a test, levels still high.

Didn't get one hit for the word ferritin in the whole forum, so if anybody has had a blood test recently please chime in. I'm unfortunately 1 week into the ecig free twilight zone and will find out if vaping has effected the levels or not. Probably going to test again on Thursday.

Ferritin is an iron carrying protein. Did your doc test you for hemochromatosis? It is a genetic problem where your body cannot stop absorbing dietary iron. Very common in white people (for a genetic disease). Easy to treat, too. We just bleed ya.
    Originally Posted by CountryCarolyn View Post
    Are you so elligitmately uniformed about what real statues of libatations, that you don't comprehend he has nothing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    I gots 99, but a fuck ain't one.

Damm blood suckers .... and the FDA has a problem with ecigs ....

Last edited by Ozthepissedoffhippy; 06-20-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N8PER View Post

I am open to suggestions, links, or thoughts. I do understand my risk factors and are aware of ways to lower it.

I imagine a lot of you fellow vapers have blood pressure issues too, ever wonder if the nicotine is something overlooked?
    I don't know anymore than what is available to read in a paragraph or two on site like WebMD about the nic/blood pressure thing. High nic will make my heart race.

Would using a stronger flavor help? Higher PG or whatever else gives throat hit? IOW - the illusion of a higher nic level as you lower it?

Quote Originally Posted by cappadoc View Post
    Ferritin is an iron carrying protein. Did your doc test you for hemochromatosis? It is a genetic problem where your body cannot stop absorbing dietary iron. Very common in white people (for a genetic disease). Easy to treat, too. We just bleed ya.
    Thats how you guys killed George Washington!!
    Check out my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/VaticVapor

Quote Originally Posted by Vatic vapor View Post
    Thats how you guys killed George Washington!!
    Indeed, blood-letting should only be performed by a qualified, fully licensed blood-letter.
    "...there's a fine line between clever and stewpid"
    -spinal tap