Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms of PG Allergies and Sensitivity

Default Re: Symptoms of PG Allergies and Sensitivity

I had problems with the VG from one vendor. It caused me to have breakouts and a seriously heavy feeling in my chest. I don't order from them anymore and haven't had the problem since. If a juice is giving you problems, order from somewhere else. It could be the PG or the VG that vendor uses.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by warbdan View Post
    I had problems with the VG from one vendor. It caused me to have breakouts and a seriously heavy feeling in my chest. I don't order from them anymore and haven't had the problem since. If a juice is giving you problems, order from somewhere else. It could be the PG or the VG that vendor uses.
    I've been thinking about that , started shortly after I started useing juice from MV
    thanks

Yes symptoms of PG allergies can be really nasty from severe headaches, scratchy throat to sinus problems and feeling of nausea. There are also cases where people felt numbness in the face and tongue along with swelling and rashes in the area. But one must first find out whether the symptoms are the result of nicotine overdose. Once you are certain that the symptoms are due to PG sensitivity, you can opt for 100percent VG based e-liquids rather than a vg/pg mix. Sometimes allergic symptoms are also caused due to flavorings or other added chemicals.

I believe the sensitive teeth and mouth sores (and possibly others) issues to be due to nicotine rather than PG. I have suffered the same issues in the past when using nicotine gum. PG is thinner, making for a better carrier of nicotine to your tissues. The answer to these problems for me was to dilute my juice with more PG from 24 mg nic to 16 or18.

VG is too thick and nasty for my taste. It makes me choke and cough, probably due to the increased size of the droplets in the mist. I also have to increase the nic strength to get the same satisfaction that I receive when using lower strength juice with the PG. More nic also affects my pocketbook.

Quote Originally Posted by cellanjie View Post
    I believe the sensitive teeth and mouth sores (and possibly others) issues to be due to nicotine rather than PG. I have suffered the same issues in the past when using nicotine gum. PG is thinner, making for a better carrier of nicotine to your tissues. The answer to these problems for me was to dilute my juice with more PG from 24 mg nic to 16 or18.

VG is too thick and nasty for my taste. It makes me choke and cough, probably due to the increased size of the droplets in the mist. I also have to increase the nic strength to get the same satisfaction that I receive when using lower strength juice with the PG. More nic also affects my pocketbook.
    Nice first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Blewt View Post
    Nice first post.
    The Dude sure knows his VG though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNJ vaper View Post
    Just gotta find your own little peace of pairidice.

Quote Originally Posted by RsL View Post
    The Dude sure knows his VG though.
    Apparently it's thick and nasty. Who knew?

Red face Re: Touchy topic,Dampish Gas

Quote Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
    I am experiencing some rather strange dampish "lower rumblings". How to word this in a civil was is rather hard so I'll just say it. I am afraid to "fart". Is this a common symptom for a beginner? I feel ok,outside of this I feel great.
    Smoking pg mlb 24 strength juice for a week now.
    I'm with the program full ahead,no cigarettes and will wear depends if needed as going back to regular cigarettes is not an option. In over 45 years I have never been able to quit smoking more that a few hours at a time. So I guess my question is,,is this common? does it pass? should I use another type of juice.
    Damn this is a humiliating thing to ask.
    Any advice welcome ty George
    Yeah this is common to quitting smoking. I've attempted to quit 4 times over the past 25 years (including 3 patch fiascos) and each time I had that problem for a short time. Chronic constipation is another "side effect" of quitting so yer sol either way. Nicotine has a natural laxative effect so you could try reducing your nic content for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I found using PG or VG I have dry skin around my eyes & at the top
    of my nose,It's not super bad,Just itchy like a motherfucker.
    I tried vitamin e but it helps for a day then back to the scratchies.
    I just put in a order for a different manufactured juice,We'll see what happens
    there,I love vapin' but christ I itch my eyes allot
    Drink more water! Believe it or not vaping has a diuretic effect much like tea and coffee. Add more water intake and get some good skin lotion.

Default Re: Is this PG sensitivity?

Quote Originally Posted by jt16v View Post
    Hi. For me some vendors their liquid is fine, but my lungs took much abuse during five years of having to inhale clouds of cooking spray. Enough so, that I am on SS disability! It must be the PG that chokes me up so bad. I have tried PGE-400 and no problem! Some liquids are deadly--I have to suck on a cough drop while vaping, [B]plus[B] using my rescue inhaler too often. Does this sound right? IS it sensitivity? I have been vaping about 9 months, mostly 70/30 niquids. It took about three months for this problem to show up, and, as I said, it is not all vendors or liquids. At first I thought it might be the diacetyl used in some flavorings, as inhaling it can cause "popcorn lung" according to what I read online at Wikipedia, under "worker's safety".
    PG is a used in a lot of cooking sprays so .. yup, lose the VG. I can't use the cooking sprays anymore myself (unless i hold the pan and can outside with me inside) since I cooked in my sister's restaurant for a couple of years. Not near as bad as you though, stuff just makes me cough and feel nauseous.