Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Symptoms of PG Allergies and Sensitivity

Default Symptoms of PG Allergies and Sensitivity

PG reactions do NOt always happen right away. It may take some time for the PG to build up in your system.

I get choked up and get hives from the PG vapors from the smoke machines they use at clubs so I had a feeling I may be allergic.

To others who had allergic reaction.. how long after starting e-cigs did u get it? What happened to you? What liquid were you using?

My reaction was...

hives on upper body (mostly arms and waist... I remember someone else had it on the waist)

sensitive teeth (to an EXTREME). Could not open my mouth outside because the AIR hurt my teeth!

sore gums and roof of mouth (so bad I had an icepack on my face cause I couldn't put anything cold in my mouth cause my teeth were so sensitive!!!)

mild difficulty breathing

sporadic neck and back pains coming in sharp waves with movement

mouth sores (may be a symptom of quitting a smoking)

sore throat

joint pains

Please add any symptoms you had in the thread!
    Last edited by Spikey; 03-24-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Will come back and fill this one in after I figure out where the post was I made on ECF and copy/paste. Sorry things are not well organized yet guys... I am trying but the forum was a bit rushed into action with everyone getting banned and such!
    Do you want links back to there, or having it pasted here? I found that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowsong View Post
    Do you want links back to there, or having it pasted here? I found that thread.

Awesome! Pasted would be great! U can PM it to me

PM sent

OMG, all along I thought it's been the VG doing some of these things to me, it's the PG. I've have the sore gums. Sensitive teeth.
    I have to clear my throat all the time. I have joint pain but I am 50 years old so I don't know if I can count that. Since I thought It was the VG I increased the PG and wondered why I was feeling worse.
    Thank you for this information.
    VF member #94.

One important side effect from PG that I have noticed are muscle aches, especially in legs and arms. But I don't think this is an allergy indicator, PG breaks down into lactic acid, which is a main cause of muscle aches you get after hard physical activity.
    Also, sore gums and sensitive teeth are indicative for people who stop smoking cigarettes, and aren't necessary caused by PG allergy. Choking sensation on the other hand is much more likely to be caused by it.

Quote Originally Posted by tvujec View Post
    One important side effect from PG that I have noticed are muscle aches, especially in legs and arms. But I don't think this is an allergy indicator, PG breaks down into lactic acid, which is a main cause of muscle aches you get after hard physical activity.
    Also, sore gums and sensitive teeth are indicative for people who stop smoking cigarettes, and aren't necessary caused by PG allergy. Choking sensation on the other hand is much more likely to be caused by it.
    Thanks.. shoudl have mentioned the lactic acid.. after vaping/researching for so many months.. I take for granted that people already know certain things
    Don't forget to join National Vapers Club and help fight the e-cigarette bans!
    www.VapersClub.com
    I cannot get PM's on this forum. I can be reached at VapersClub@aol.com.

I get unbelievably dry skin especially on my hands.
    I think it's the PG because when I started I was, by chance, on VG because that's just what I happened to buy and I don't recall having any issues.
    Now-a-days, I use PG mostly because it's difficult to get decent flavours in VG.
    It was getting so bad that the skin on the tips of my fingers was starting to split.

Anyhow, I've been using e-cigs less frequently recently, in fact I went for two weeks without using them at all and the dryness completely went away. But today - on receipt of my new e-pipe(!) - I've been blasting away and, in under three hours, the back of my hands are already showing scaling from dryness. The e-pipe has come with PG cartridges (I assume).

What I don't know is whether this dryness is from inhaling the PG or from exhaling it and it just happening to hit my hands from the environment. I don't have any of the usual allergic reactions that people talk about so I'm fairly sure I'm not allergic to it - my skin just seems unusually sensitive to it.

Mine is simply increased mucus production in the sinuses and irritating sores inside the nostrils. I am not certain if it is really a histiminic allergic reaction, though, as I can reduce the amount of PG (DIY Juice) to about 1/3 of the juice and the problem clears up. If it was truly an allergic reaction, it wouldn't care if it was diluted or not.
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    I have to clear my throat all the time.
    It is not uncommon to experience this with VG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitabz View Post
    I use PG mostly because it's difficult to get decent flavours in VG.
    10 'good' flavors with more to come
    http://www.eliquidplanet.com/

DIY with new flavors...
    http://juicyliquid.com/store2/

DW
    06-20-2009, 01:59 AM EST (The moment it all began)

occupy vapers forum member #1 - we are the 99%