Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoktech 14650 E Power Review.

Default Smoktech 14650 E Power Review.

First off I would like to remind you all that I payed full price for this out of my pocket, so I can only give you all my own honest opinion of this e-cig.
    Now to the review:

I am a little disappointed by this E Power 14650 e-cig due to the fact that mine has a 8 sec. battery cut off feature, and for me this is a pain in the butt. I have also watched others reviews on the 14650 battery model and no one has ever stated this.
    The Cons:
    Has a steel case so it is a tad on the heavy side.
    Has a non recessed battery button, so take care when putting in your pocket.
    Cheap flimsy looking button cover.

The Pros:
    The ability to get a replacement switch.
    Heavy steal case, should be able to take a beating without getting dented up like an Aluminum case would.
    Battery replacement is easy and more affordable to get.

I can not comment about the vapor production cause that will vary depending on what Atty, or Cartomizer you use.
    Also as of right now, I can not comment on how long the 14650 1050mAh battery will last.

Bottom Line, Yes I would recommend this to anyone who wants to upgrade.

Edit #1: First Charge of first Battery lasted for 20 hours, Actual use time 12/09/11 11:15 to 12/10/11 03:30 = 16.25 hrs 12/10/11 10:30 to 12/10/11 14:15 = 3.75 hrs
    Edit #2: First Charge of Second Battery #2 lasted for 12.5 hrs 12/10/11 14:15 to 12/11/11 02:45 = 12.5 hrs

First battery is marked as ICR14650 1050 mAh 3.7V
    Second battery is marked Smoktech 14650 1050 mAh
    Last edited by Icicle; 12-11-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    review:

I am a little disappointed by this E Power 14650 e-cig due to the fact that mine has a 8 sec. battery cut off feature, and for me this is a pain in the butt.
    The Pros:
    The ability to get a replacement switch.

I can not comment about the vapor production cause that will vary depending on what Atty, or Cartomizer you use.
    Also as of right now, I can not comment on how long the 14650 1050ma battery last.

Bottom Line, Yes I would recommend this to anyone who wants to upgrade.
    what? what is an 8 second cut-off an upgrade from? you call it a "feature," but from your description it sounds more like a drawback.

is the ability to get a replacement switch really a pro? or is it their way of making more money off of people by supplying shoddy switches that customers will inevitably have to replace (unless they wisely give up on the thing completely, and sell it to a noob on ECF).

You could have commented on vapor production,actually. Use the same atomizer/cartomizer on the E Power and on another device of the same voltage. Compare the vapor production.

Why can't you comment on how long the battery lasts? A 1000mah battery would last a light to moderate vaper a day and a half? two days maybe? i don't know how long a 1000mah lasts u weenie vapers out there, but assuming you're using a 1.5ohm atty, because u want some hope of a satisfying vape, we can't be talking more than 2 or 3 days to kill it. if you haven't used this device long enough to even drain one batt, then you really shouldn't be a posting a review. In fact, if you're not draining a 1000mah batt in less than a day, you shouldn't be posting any review at all.

Unless there is some other reason that you can't comment on how long the battery lasts, then, based on usage time, this "review" would qualify as a "first impression," at best. and written "First Impressions" are only slightly less stupid than video ones.

When I saw "Bottom Line," i expected you to follow it with "this thing was so shitty that i didn't even bother trying different atties or comparing it to other devices. it sucked so much that it wasn't even worth vaping one batt dead. i wouldn't recommend this to anyone." I was genuinely surprised when you said you would recommend it as an upgrade.

:encouraging smiley:
    "What did you do, Ray?!?"

Honest Income For Life

You know why you don't like my review, Cause it's unbiased and truthful.
    Yeah I could blow smoke up anyone's Ass with a big vapor puff and talk about the atties, Would you like to know Why I didn't, Because it would not be fair to the people who sell a mod or case holder. I don't know what brand of atty they include.

Now here is why I didn't talk about the battery life, I was going to cycle then three or four times before I edited my review to give feedback on them.
    I know some people have the Brains enough to fresh batteries need time to store energy, Sure I could Blow More smoke up your ass and say that they last three days or even a week. but I didn't.

And you want to Diss my review now lets see.
    How about this review from you:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/vapinvenkman
    I see it only last 1:13 for two products, I call it a joke, just another person who wants to glorify vast amounts of vapor to look cool. it's like saying Oh Look At Me I Super Cool I can get a huge hit. Most of us know is Bull
    Oh wow, Two small puff that only lasted for 4 to 6 seconds each followed by a stupid cat dance, I really call that a review. At least I claimed I payed for mine out of Pocket, How did you acquire yours? did you buy them or get them for free?
    What a Joker, Venkman is, Oh BTW that is an honest Opinion.
    Last edited by Icicle; 12-10-2011 at 05:37 PM.

I stand by my review of your "review," and i stand by all of my reviews. Especially the one with the dancing cat.

Honest Income For Life

At least I claimed I payed for mine out of Pocket
    so you just claimed you payed for yours out of pocket? you didn't actually pay for it out of pocket? that doesn't seem like a good thing to do.

most of what i've reviewed, i've payed for. anything i didn't pay for, i noted it.

Honest Income For Life

Ici. Don't take it so hard, Venkman was being a bit of a dick, but he has a good point about using the device for a while, at least a week perhaps before reviewing.

I was suprised at the recommend too.

Venk, next time lets have the dancing cat first please, everybody already knows mamu's mods are perfect and perfecter.

In God We Trust New US Motto - Everyone does it

Quote Originally Posted by venkman View Post
    I stand by my review of your "review," and i stand by all of my reviews. Especially the one with the dancing cat.
    And Your Review is a fucking Joke.

I thought it was informative..he provided details so people could make up their own minds..its not like people are just going to skim over the information provided, go right to his reccomendation and run out and buy it. Personally, I wouldn't like a cut off so this isn't the mod for me..but someone might like it.

Battery life is really subjective and dependant on many factors...from attys to vaping duration and time spent vaping. I am not familiar with those batteries but for example: I can get like six hours from a 14650 while others get 3 to 4. So him telling me how long the battery lasts doesn't help me.

And really? What good is it to compare vapor production from one device to another? If it vapes, and I assume it does.. the juice he uses is the most important factor in vapor production... and if its not a vv device or even an hv device...its all pretty much the same..its not like I get tons more vapor from an SB than I do an Alpha with the same juice and atty...its all about the same...

Keep the reviews coming

Ici, nothing wrong with it...better than many I've read.

And Your Review is a fucking Joke.
    you get it now?

obviously, the Merlin/Denali review wasn't an actual review. i used the word "perfect...er" and it had a dancing cat. that was all in good fun, and i assumed that anyone with half a brain who watched it would realize that it wasn't an actual review.

Mal, you're right, his review did have some useful info. But, despite ur correctly noted factors that influence battery life, it is still possible provide information on one's battery performance and to put it in context so that it has some meaning. "i usually get vape about 4ml with a 1.5ohm 510 on my 650mah ego before it dies. on this device, i vaped 8 mil before the battery died." even if he simply compared it in hours, if he gets double the life he would get on an ego, i'd probably get nearly double whatever the life I get out of an ego. even if he and i get different amounts of vape time from the same batt, it's entirely possible (and has been done in many good device reviews) to present a reasonable idea of expected battery life.

Mj is right, i was being kind of a dick. but, after re-reading my post, i still believe all of my points to be valid.

Honest Income For Life