Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Flavor Apprentice Flavor Extracts !?!?!?!?!

Question The Flavor Apprentice Flavor Extracts !?!?!?!?!

hey guys quick question. i just bought 10 flavor apprentice flavor extracts and THEY ALL taste either really chemically/perfumy/gross/acidic is this natural? is there a cure (mts vape wizard?) im out of juice and all 10 bottles of my TFA flavoring taste like perfume, tried new attys and everything.

using as diy in now organic VG and 36mg RTS Vapes Nicotine. (Both odorless/tasteless)

please help!

What flavors? What percentage? Are you vaping them fresh, or have they steeped? There's no single answer to your question... some of their flavors are terrible in my opinion, some are awesome... some can be vaped right away, others need a week of steeping...

brand new, not steeped yet, percentage at around 15% and flavors: coconut, pineapple, pina colada, root beer, mango, pear, maraschino cherry, grape, french vanilla, and apple pie
    Last edited by PatrickReza; 11-17-2011 at 02:13 AM.

Yes, they do setlle down after a week -- but they are perfumey, FA is probably better, but capella's is the best IMO.......

Quote Originally Posted by Vicks Vap-oh-yeah View Post
    The pussification of America continues
    Incase 556 replies I'll start off by saying fuck u 556...

yeah think I'm gonna have to stick with FlavourArt I'll try em after steeping for a week and get back to you guys. This was my first and probably last time buying TFA/TPA

im thinking steeping+mts vape wizard+ethyl maltol might do the trick. but who knows?

just gonna probably FlavourArts/ Capella's

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickReza View Post
    brand new, not steeped yet, percentage at around 15% and flavors: coconut, pineapple, pina colada, root beer, mango, pear, maraschino cherry, grape, french vanilla, and apple pie
    My impression of these flavors from tpa:

The coconut tastes like perfume to me...
    Pineapple has a perfumish vomit aftertaste, which seems to get worse with steeping
    Piņa Colada is a combo of the above two
    Root beer is perfuming old sock smell
    Have not tried the others...

I believe tpa is the company that has a cinnamon that tastes soapy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen~ View Post
    My impression of these flavors from tpa:

The coconut tastes like perfume to me...
    Pineapple has a perfumish vomit aftertaste, which seems to get worse with steeping
    Piņa Colada is a combo of the above two
    Root beer is perfuming old sock smell
    Have not tried the others...

I believe tpa is the company that has a cinnamon that tastes soapy as well.
    sounds dead on according to what i got.

I've not tried any of those specific flavors from PA... but it honestly sounds like your problem is using the flavors too strong to begin with. 15% is on the high side for them on many other flavors...
    I'd dilute it to 10% or less, to the point it almost seems too light, and then steep to allow the good flavors to come back up.

Perfumy/waxy or just plain dead flavors are a sign of overload 9 times out of 10 in my book. Everyone's sensitivity level is different obviously, but that's my not-really-all-that-humble opinion.

High-strength nicotine concentrate, DIY flavorings, and pre-mixed liquids

I think we have to remember that these flavorings were not developed primarily for eliquid. I've had good luck with essence flavorings from Eliquidplanet.com but I don't think I could ever make a living mixing diy!

Out of the ones you've listed, I've tried the pineapple, pina colada, pear, and french vanilla.

The pineapple and pina colada were very similar... both bad.

The pear is one of my favorite vapes... needs just a little sweetener however. It was also a good vape with minimal steeping.

The french vanilla needed a ton of steeping time, and eventually changed color to dark red. It wasn't bad, but not something I'd vape on it's own... would be good in a mix.