Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Dropping under load

Awesome! Thanks. I used to have bins of this shit, but I've switched to laptops in recent years, so don't have all the bits I used too.

Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    Alrighty sounds good.

Update with paper/cardboard o-ring. Seemed more stable. Atleast the voltage was holding for once. Was reading 3.50-3.60v on load which is good but batt level was just over 4v.

To let everyone know i just used the inner thin cardboard insert from a glass juice battle cap. Seemed to just be the right outer diameter.. used a razer blade to cut out the inner hole.

I used the same piece i cut long ago but this time made another and pealed off a thin layer to add to the other oring.. height seemed just right but as it is working your getting into that area where now your going to be dealing with either the switch post isint dead straight or the battery isint dead flat.

This is wear a spring contact would be idea but would also add resistance and i'd rather have solid connections at both end of the bat for max voltage.

Wish i could find my digital calipers to get a measurement of the paper o-ring i made.

Pics below also showing (the best i could take) the height difference of the switch contact post to the battery base. The post is a little higher and thats what the orings are for to adjust the battery height so the switch button can travel all the way up to not only touch the battery but also have the button bottom out on the end cap to attempt to get a more solid ground to complete the connection to allow full voltage on load insted of the all over the place voltages from 1.98-3.80v on load. Last 2 are just a pic showing how tight the button is to the end cap. Its rubbing on the inner cap walls as i press in the button. Eventually it will wear out the pattern on the button lock ring and wont rub anymore prob after a couple of weeks.

DUDE! That's mine I bought 219 off of Bruce at VaperCon this weekend... WFT did you do to this thing, lol

Loving the ego connector BTW. I was really confused by all the threads inside the head, the 510 threads were the obvious ones, but the rest were causing a major dert moment for me. Out of curiosity, I pulled my eGo out of my pocket, ripped of the cone, and voila, it fit Been rocking this at 6v since I got it and it's been hitting very solidly. Still not sure what the other threads in the head are for yet tho, my only guess is for the Ju.ic thing?

But yeah, I've been hearing a lot of dislike for this mod since I got it, but I have absolutely no complaints, this thing is awesome.
    Galileo #219 -- Silver Bullet -- Black Silver Bullet -- Omega V1 -- Tons of box mods

Quote Originally Posted by A.Jay View Post
    DUDE! That's mine I bought 219 off of Bruce at VaperCon this weekend... WFT did you do to this thing, lol

Loving the ego connector BTW. I was really confused by all the threads inside the head, the 510 threads were the obvious ones, but the rest were causing a major dert moment for me. Out of curiosity, I pulled my eGo out of my pocket, ripped of the cone, and voila, it fit Been rocking this at 6v since I got it and it's been hitting very solidly. Still not sure what the other threads in the head are for yet tho, my only guess is for the Ju.ic thing?

But yeah, I've been hearing a lot of dislike for this mod since I got it, but I have absolutely no complaints, this thing is awesome.
    It does pretty decent at 6v, where the drop isn't noticeable. Don't even bother a 3.7v, though.

Sent from my GTablet using Tapatalk

I am starting to notice a major misfire problem though. It rolled off the counter today (tube was unscathed thank god) but it wouldn't fire. At first I thought that the shock killed the atty. So I took it out and tested it, it was fine. I put it back on and it fired fine. Then I got about 4 hours out of it without any issues, now its not fireing again. After a little fiddling I got it working again. It's the weirdest thing when it won't fire. It either hits like a champ or it's completely dead, there's no in between.
    Galileo #219 -- Silver Bullet -- Black Silver Bullet -- Omega V1 -- Tons of box mods

Ok, it happened again today, and I was able to trace the voltage killer to the adapter. Someone along the way (not sure how many owners this Gali has had) put a 901 to eGo adapter in it, which to the best of my understanding, is not a standard adapter for this mod. It fits and works great, plus I like the look of a cone on her, but I don't know if the center pin is loosing contact with the spike, or if juice is getting in there and fucking with things.

Been kind of a love/hate relationship so far

ok.... now we're getting somewhere

After comparing the 901-eGo adapter that came with this Gali to a 510-eGo adapter that I already had, the 901 version looks like crap. The 510 adapter just has a level of quality that the 901 is seriously lacking. For starters, when I first got this mod, I tried using it with an 18350 and a LR 306. The 306 that I had (Cisco spec) wouldn't even thread in. It "slid" right into the adapter, past all of the threads.

That in addition to my probing yesterday, and the fact that it just looks like garbage (the center pin contact on the 901 is extremely small)... I made a new adapter. I took a 901-510 adapter and cut off the 901 half. This left me with a 510 "sleeve". Now I have the ability to use any 510 male threaded adapter (or even a 510 atty straight off the mod) without messing around with the set screws. Works like a champ so far, we'll see how it holds up.

Rigged up a load tester today. Gutted an old atty, wired 2 positive wires to the center pin of the atty, ran one thru a hole I drilled in the side, and soldered the other to the center pin of a standard 510 battery connector. Then I soldered a negative wire to the outside of the 510 connector and ran that through the hole too.

It doesn't look as cool as the screw on meters, but now I can check voltage and resistance real time, rather than waiting on the screw on meter to do its flashy dance thing. Just using a multi meter now, but it'll work on an Oscilloscope some day too (dear santa...)

Any who... the results:

Galileo-
    Battery Voltage Unloaded: 6.58v (2x Tenergy RCR123)
    Battery Voltage Loaded: 5.64v (2.3 ohm 510 atty)
    Battery Voltage Unloaded: 4.11v (BDL IMR18650)
    Battery Voltage Loaded: 3.62v

Silver Bullet-
    Battery Voltage Unloaded: 6.57v
    Battery Voltage Loaded: 5.64v
    Battery Voltage Unloaded: 4.12v
    Battery Voltage Loaded: 3.81v

As you can see, the drop is about the same between the two mods. It should be noted that there is roughly a 0.10v change in loaded voltage during the drag on each mod, the number shown is an average.

The only issues I have had since modding the connector last night is when my DC atty died. Other than that, everything has been working flawlessly