Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can e-juice go bad?

Default Can e-juice go bad?

Hey guys, I was just wondering, can e-juice go bad? After my last post New Joye 510 tastes disgusting! - Vapers Forum
    I was trying to diagnose the problem and I let my girlfriend try my new 510. She said it tastes like it has gone bad or something. I cleaned out the atomizer with hot water and then I blow dried it until it was dry. I then took a few of the prefilled carts and squeezed a few drops out of the fiber to prep the atomizer. I put a new cart on and tried it again. Same horrible taste. I get tons of vapor so I am sure it is just the flavor that is off putting.

After talking some more with my girlfriend I realized that it tastes like how a fog machine smells. I know fog machines use glycol to produce the fog, the same way a e cigarette produces vapor. Could it be the PG went bad in it or something? Or maybe just a bad mix and I am getting too much of the glycol taste?

Has anyone else experience a taste like this? And if you have, are VG based juices better or worse with that flavor?

Thanks, hope to hear back soon!

Andy

It can go bad, but more often, people just really hate a particular flavor and say "OMG THE E JUICE HAS GONE BAD!!! NO ONE TAKE THE BROWN E JUICE K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Some of it, I know I'll get some argument, like the MLB tastes like shit. I swear, I vaped that shit for like 3 months when I started and I hated it. But I was excited to be off cigarettes.

There's a lot of places to get great tasting e juice now days, and keep in mind the cigarette tasting ones are all gross to me. Some of these idiots love the nasty taste of mung, but you may not. Try anything that sounds like it would be good to eat or drink, and you'll find something you like.

The pg/vg is pretty weird compared to smoke though, and it takes a little getting used to. It harbors some slight weird taste, but you'll become immune to that.

Left an alpha Res sitting doing nothing for a few weeks and it smelt off. So keep your containers sealed.

Thanks for the reply's. Now that I have examined the taste/smell some more I am sure it is the glycol I am tasting. I think the tobacco flavor isn't really very strong so I can taste the glycol mostly. I ordered some MLB 24mg 30ml, and some Peach 24mg 30ml, both 100% VG based. So hopefully the VG will be better, or at least the Peach will be strong enough to block out that taste.

Keep in mind that some juices will leave a residue in your attys thats VERY hard to get out. All juice is not created equal!!! Some vapers don't react well to PG juice so they vape VG only, likewise with VG, some like PG only. I prefer a 50/50 blend. Note that PG gives you the throat hit that you feel when drawing in and VG gives you the vapor production that you see when exhaling. One thing I will add is that water isnt such a good thing to clean your attys with. I would suggest Denatured alcohol or cheap vokda. I prefer DA becasue there are less contaminants. Leave your atty sit at least overnight in a shot glass just covered with DA or vodka. This will remove most of the previous nasty juice residue. be sure to blow it out well and make sure you leave it sit out to dry at least overnight before you try to vape another liquid in it. If you try this your attys will again perform very well and these mediums works much better than water. hope that helps!
    Check out my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/VaticVapor

Yes e juice can go bad. Not only that it can come bad from the get go.
    Lots of folks simply hate a lot of the pre filled goods,So much so that
    it is more unusual for an experiences vaporer to order pre filled goods.
    If it is carts that rings your bell order blank ones and order the liquid to
    fill yourself Many suppliers sell samplers,thats a good way to find what
    tickles your fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatic vapor View Post
    One thing I will add is that water isnt such a good thing to clean your attys with. I would suggest Denatured alcohol or cheap vokda. I prefer DA becasue there are less contaminants.

Denatured alcohol (or methylated spirits) is ethanol that has additives to make it more poisonous or unpalatable, and thus, undrinkable. In some cases it is also dyed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol

Please, I hope you meant pure grain alcohol, like everclear. That's truly more clean than vodka, but denatured alcohol is NOT. Even a cheap vodka is really just alcohol and water, all the particles are gone, and nearly all the sugars/oils.
    Part of this is the fact that it's actually easier to make what's essentially (nearly) pure ethanol and then add water back into it for the vodka.

The rest of the above post was actually good information for when you have to clean your atties- but I think most people clean them way too much.
    I've used a total of 5 atomizers in the last year, and 3 of them still work. The other two were both blown out immediately after cleaning, I believe being too dry contributed to their demise.

High-strength nicotine concentrate, DIY flavorings, and pre-mixed liquids

Well what would be the best substitute to clean my e cigarette with besides a drinkable alcohol? I have what would be considered a serious drinking problem, heh. I had 2 seizures from alcohol withdrawal and although now, just the sight of alcohol makes me sick, I would just rather now have it in my house. I've been sober a year and a half now and have no intentions of even being around it again

But anyways, I was looking around and found a couple of posts were people described the "fog machine" taste. Most of them reported that after they got their own liquids and started to fill them, that taste went away for the most part. My shipment should be here by tomorrow, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens.

The package is being shipped through USPS, and it has a "Delivery Confirmation" notice on it. Do I have to sign for it? I have looked around but I keep getting conflicting answers. When I received my 510 it said "Signature Confirmation" on the online tracker, and I had to sign for it. I think if I am going to have to sign for it, they would just put "Signature Confirmation" on it, but you never now.

Herdo, I'm going on two years and have never used any alcohol for anything. I also haven't really cleaned any atomizers. Washing your atomizers and blowing out primer are myths perpetrated by noobz. Neither is necessary or helpful at all. Basically, you do not need to keep alcohol in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    Basically, you do not need to keep alcohol in the house.
    I'm sure as hell not going to your place for a party.
    Quote Originally Posted by STFUBitches View Post
    Maybe Admin will start putting some people on moderation here just to give them, the forum and everyone else a little break.