Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IMR Battery Confusion

Default IMR Battery Confusion

I am currently looking to order some IMR batteries soon, but I am a bit confused as I keep coming across about 4 different types.

There are the MNKE IMR High Drains:

The AW IMR's:

The BDL IMR's:

The Generic IMR's (i call them generic because of their "generic" printed name)

and these MNKE ICR's:

Are there any differences (besides mAh ratings) as to how these perform, voltage under/over-load, or are they all basically the same battery and it would matter which ones I got?
    formerly mrnjlw1090

Jersey Shore, No, not the show, the place.

One difference is some have a button top, others are just flat, looking at the pics. I'm really a battery noob, but their are several people here that will respond soon. They start talking batteries and my eyes start seeing greek

Thanks for the reply, Moradiss. I'm taking a second look at the MNKE IMR and MNKE ICR and it looks like they are both the same battery, but the ICR just has a generic label. They both have the same product/serial numbers on them.
    formerly mrnjlw1090

Get the AW IMR 18650 HIGH DRAIN 1600 Mah
    SSGGTS #063,#357 w/Iatty/UFS, Sturm Mod+Line V2, 2xProvari, 3xEmpires!, The Elusive... Black Helix!, Denali, 2xMerlin, VaporLuxe Custom 5.2v Tekk V2, Precise Plus 18500, Reo Woodville 18490 Stabilized Burl #5, Reo Grand, 3x Reo Mini, Buzz Pro, 2x Silver Bullet, Mjölnir, P-10, Volt, eGo, Lea, Smoke Stik Pit Bull

Outgoing... Persei weed machine.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... the difference between IMR and ICR should be significant.

ICR = lithium cobalt. (which is what many regular lithium cells are made of)
    IMR = lithium manganese. (different chemistry and "safer")

As for which imr is best? Good question. Many people say that AW have better quality control, but I can't confirm or deny this because I don't spend my time testing all the brands or hanging out in the AW QC department.
    I like all ten of my AW imr batts. They work fine.
    My tenergy cells seem to work fine, too.

I watched a video were the guy tested 4 diff 18650's and the AW put out like 4.2 from jump the other 3 did like 3.8 3.9 and 4.0. The AW was clearly a better performing bat. I would have posted it but I'm on my phone.
    SSGGTS #063,#357 w/Iatty/UFS, Sturm Mod+Line V2, 2xProvari, 3xEmpires!, The Elusive... Black Helix!, Denali, 2xMerlin, VaporLuxe Custom 5.2v Tekk V2, Precise Plus 18500, Reo Woodville 18490 Stabilized Burl #5, Reo Grand, 3x Reo Mini, Buzz Pro, 2x Silver Bullet, Mjölnir, P-10, Volt, eGo, Lea, Smoke Stik Pit Bull

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, thanks for the help.
    I probably get both the MNKE Hi-Drain and the AW IMRs just to see how they perform.

EgoGeo, did that video you saw happen to be by russwishtart?
    formerly mrnjlw1090

Yea batttery wars :P

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that video and it's cool and all, but it definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Initial voltage is just a small part of the equation and I wouldn't buy batts just based on that. Not that AW batteries are bad because I don't think they are.... but it doesn't seem like a useful video.

HERE is a good comparison for light reading.

Another factor is which mod you're using these batts in. My icon is picky about 14500 battery size as is my provari. (plus, provape recommends the AW IMR for it's high drain characteristics)
    The AW IMRs are a good bit smaller in size.

These are going to be for my Silver Bullet so I can go back to LR atties. I have Ultrafire XSL 2600mah 18650 cells, and I can tell pretty easily when it doesn't hit as hard or when it's not being consistent.
    formerly mrnjlw1090