Thread: Ego Atomizer feels clogged =(

Default Ego Atomizer feels clogged =(

Hi all,
    I've only been vaping since February this year, got me an Ego-T, which I absolutely love and mostly using Menthol e-liquid which I find great, but at one point I had an urge to try different flavours and they literally clog the atomizer, is that a common problem? That would be flavours like cherry cola and other ones that are kinda sugary. For example just this week I was using apple flavoured juice all day, worked nice and everything, then I put in gingerbread mix and after a few puffs the atty just got clogged =( I tried blowing out the excess liquid out of the atomizer but that didn't work, so I washed it and now waiting for it to dry. Basically I want to know if that's a common problem with certain e-liquid flavours or if it's the quality of the liquid, or I'm totally missing something :S

Hey Toronto, it happens, the older they get, the more they seem to clog, I imagine the sugary liquids would do it, I only vape tobacco liquids so not sure there.....try boiling it for at least a few minutes and drying it. Some people (like me) will soak them in alcohol (vodka, or 99% rubbing alcohol cut with water) for 24 hours to clean out a flavour and sort of freshen it up a bit. Seems to work.
    Last edited by youfillintheblank; 04-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    "don't make me use my imagination, I could be thinking of an fat japaness boy with some kind of shit on his head" - Liscab

I soaked it in 99% alcohol for 10 mins then ran it with boiled water, let dry for 24h or so. Menthol btw never clogged the atty, it's just that fancy sugary stuff that does it. Also what's the average lifespan of atomizer if you vape like a fiend?)))

Atty lifespan could be anywhere from DOA to 6 months or more. You just never know with these things.
    So now I got a googlephonic mod with a moonrock atomizer. This hits like shit

I am so loving Cappuccino!

Problem solved, all is good in the world. Just had to burn the excess liquid off the atty.

So now I got a googlephonic mod with a moonrock atomizer. This hits like shit

I am so loving Cappuccino!

Since I removed the bridge in the tank I've had less clogging with the thicker juices- not sure if it's better air flow or imagination but haven't been having as many problems with my go to vape "Killa Vanilla"

Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    Hi all,
    I've only been vaping since February this year, got me an Ego-T, which I absolutely love and mostly using Menthol e-liquid which I find great, but at one point I had an urge to try different flavours and they literally clog the atomizer, is that a common problem? That would be flavours like cherry cola and other ones that are kinda sugary. For example just this week I was using apple flavoured juice all day, worked nice and everything, then I put in gingerbread mix and after a few puffs the atty just got clogged =( I tried blowing out the excess liquid out of the atomizer but that didn't work, so I washed it and now waiting for it to dry. Basically I want to know if that's a common problem with certain e-liquid flavours or if it's the quality of the liquid, or I'm totally missing something :S
    Try this at your own risk, but if you feel the atty is done...

Here is what I do:

1. Soak the atomizer in isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) for about 15 minutes. I use 70%

2. Have a pair of needle nose pliers ready. Give the atty a quick shake and a blow out and then I hook it up to my battery and give it a 3 or 4 second burn.

3. Reach in with the pliers and give the wicking needle a good tug and pull it right out. If you don't do step 2 then when you pull on the metal pierce tube the wick may stay in because it is stuck (because of the crud) to the coil. Don't be scared to give it a good tug. It will come out. It is a fairly rugged piece of metal.

4. Now you should have the metal pierce tube out of the atty with a disgusting looking black yucky wick. Holding the pierce tube use a lighter but preferably a mini torch and burn all that crud off of the wicking material. You'll be amazed how easy it burns off.

5. While you are doing this you should have your atty, without the pierce tube and wick in it, soaking in the alcohol.

6. After burning off the wick give it a quick swirl in the the alcohol and then a rinse with water.

7. Another 5 minute soak for the wick-less atty and then a little bit of gentle scraping with a long needle on the center of the burner in the atty. You'll know it is pretty clear when you soak in the alcohol and take it out and the alcohol runs out of the battery side consistently (quickly).

8. Rinse the atty in water again, insert the pierce tube and push it all the way in with an old cart. I let it dry for a day on or near a heating source.

9. When you are ready to use it, insert a cart with your favorite juice, do a couple of dry hits and a way you go.