Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throat irritation with use of e-cigarettes?

Default Throat irritation with use of e-cigarettes?

My 19 year old goddaughter has begun using e-cigarettes again. She using Vapor Kings from Vapor4Life and just got an order of WOW Vapor VG Wowboy 24 mg. This 24 is probably twice the nicotine level she previously had.

Now she is complaining that when she get halfway through a cartridge that it bothers her throat and that did not previously happen. They sent her a raspberry cartridge along with her order to try out and she says it bothers her throat as well. Not initially, but after she has smoked it for awhile although it still produces vapor.

What might be causing this? Could it be the higher nicotine level? She really liked these e-cigarettes when she got them last Christmas and vaped a lot without difficulty, but her experience has been different with these latest ones.

TIA

Neither Heaven nor Hell, somewhere between

May very well be the nic content.

Definitely could be the nic level depending on how much she vapes, or it could be because of lesser quality juice....many things could explain it I suppose....

Higher nicotine levels do provide enhanced 'throat hit', so it is very likely the liquid might be too strong for her. Also, most folks use their e-cigs more often than tobacco cigarettes. Vaping too much in a short period of time can also cause throat irritation.

The liquid she has can be diluted with vegetable glycerine available at pharmacies and other stores. Dilution will reduce the flavor, but will also reduce the nicotine.
    "At some point you have to ask when this place changes from a vapers forum with drama to a drama forum with vapers." - Gatsby

She could have a PG sensitivity.

Do her teeth and gums hurt as well?

My first sign was the bad sore throat.

Also she needs to drink more when vaping, it will dehydrate you otherwise.

Big cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Vermonster13 View Post
    Also she needs to drink more when vaping, it will dehydrate you otherwise.
    Perfect! That gives me an excuse to drink more. Thanks.
    ---Oh! You mean water.....never mind. LOL
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????

Alcohol actually dehydrates you too MR.

Maybe she's not refilling them when it needs to be refilled. After you vape those cartridges for a while, it gets low on liquid. When that happens, you get a burned, dry vapor that can definitely cause a sore throat. That's what it sounds like to me if it's happening only after she's been using it for a while.
    "stay away from april , something have been cooked in the outside" ~Liscab