Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Cartomizer?

Default Bad Cartomizer?

So i just received my first pack of cartomizers in the mail from LiquidXpress today. I've been really excited to try these since I've heard good things about them. I fill up my first one with about 20-25 drops like i heard you're supposed to and vaped it for a little bit. Seemed like it was working really well. I let it sit for a while came back to it and now it has this horrible burnt taste to it. Did I do something wrong? Or is something causing it to taste like this? Or just a bad cartomizer?
    I dont wanna waste filling up another one since I have some more juice coming in the mail that i wanna fill them with.
    I'm a noob, i know..

I doubt you did anything wrong...just a bad carto. The other day I had 2 in a row that did the same thing. It makes you want to pull your hair out! But then, when all hope seems to be gone, you get a good one that lasts 1-2 weeks. Go figure...just part of the game. Rumor has it that boge is going through some quality issues.

Put a drop in the bottom end and let it soak in for a second and see if that sweeetens it up...

Don't you just hate when that happens.
    I hate when you have a good carto thats working great;
    Top off the fluid and find it is dead. What the hell happend?

There is a way to get your liquid back though.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62OOSucAZk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62OOSucAZk[/ame]
    http://youtu.be/oSFaLUZ2rf4
    “How’s that hopey/changey thingy working out for you?”
    http://youtu.be/7T4BUzzUJNg

I was going to made a thread about this, I too just got 3 packs of 5 blank cartomizers from LiquidXpress. I'm new to the vaping world (only been vaping about 3 weeks now) and I've only used cartridges before. I was so excited to try the cartomizers out after reading about them on here and how much better everyone liked them.

So they came and I got a juice sampler pack from Blue Mist I was excited to try. I don't know why, but when I use the cartomizer it really doesn't taste nearly as good as using a cartridge and also I get this burning and dryness in the back of my throat that I never got before using cartridges. It just doesn't seem as smooth if that makes sense. I'm willing to give it more time though because I have a bit of a cold now so that could be affecting it in some way. But I guess I was just hoping for more.

Could I have had amazingly bad luck and gotten 3 bad packs of cartomizers? I have tried one from each pack and am getting the same result. Even using the same juice as when I was using cartridges, the taste and throat hit aren't nearly as good.

Maybe I should just go back to separate cartridges and atty's but I do like how much juice the cartomizers hold.

First Fill

Battery side

Second third Fourth Fill use a driptip and fill by dropping the juice in and then put a drip tip in

The first time you put liquid in the filler stuff inside the carto needs to be broken in. . or something I dunno its doesnt work well if you dont soak the shit out of it. . .

Quote Originally Posted by keyral View Post
    doesnt work well if you dont soak the shit out of it. . .
    This... soak the hell out the little suckers.

I've also found that it helps the taste ( I have no idea why) to unwrap them, take all the caps off and just let them sit and air for a day or so.

I usually fill 1 of 2 ways depending on lazy factor. Either fill the cap and fill from battery end.

Or if doing a top fill- 20 drops or so till full and then put a extra 1-2 drops straight down the middle tube. Blow out the tad of excess (this helps to make sure the coil is soaked)
    Spin between hands a minute ( mouthpiece up, rub between back and forth to distribute liquid)
    Set it aside for about 15 min or more to give the juice time to wick.
    I've had no issues with burnt taste doing it this way.
    Last edited by Wench; 01-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, I've been traveling. We've had a lot of new customers and I haven't been able to call each personally right away to talk them thru new items or answer questions personally. Cartomizers ARE different than carts/atomizers. You cannot put 5-10 drops in and expect it to work, these things have been DESIGNED to hold at minimum 1ml of liquid they normally cap out at 1.5ml but I've had some soak up 1.75 ml if I let it sit and soak.

I won't lie and tell you that they are super easy and no hassle (blank ones filling anyway) because they do take time to fill up correctly, but it translates into easy use thereafter.

I have heard people say that if you put a couple of drops on the battery end and let that soak in first it helps (makes sense, if you fill from one end and immediately put it on the battery and start, then it wouldn't have had time to soak all the way down to the bottom). Just because some liquid came out the bottom does not mean it's soaked all the way down (there is a tube like cylinder running down the center and some liquid goes down that tube and out the end before the filling on the sides is filled).

As always if you have questions you can call the office, or email me or mike and we are happy to help.

Hope everyone is having a great new year so far!

rob

Thanks for the response, Rob. I tried what you said and it's working better. The only thing is that the throat hit is a bit harsher than what I'm used to on the cartridges. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by theman510 View Post
    Thanks for the response, Rob. I tried what you said and it's working better. The only thing is that the throat hit is a bit harsher than what I'm used to on the cartridges. Is that normal?
    you're not filling it enough. . Soak it soak it soak it. . .

Once you fill it this way the first time. . . the second third fourth time use a drip tip and drip from the top (being carefull to not touch the middle where the atomizer is just drop the liquid on the filling around the middle.