Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you change your atomizer?

Red face How often do you change your atomizer?

Just curious, do you vape with one atomizer until it dies, have one for each flavor you enjoy, or just rotate them on a daily/weekly/monthly basis regardless?

Wondering what others do. I haven't built up a stable of attys yet; in fact, I tend to burn out the atty the day (or day after) my 'backup' atomizer arrives. *L*

~Brendalee

Vape til dead... my current one is going on 4 mos so far

Quote Originally Posted by CarpsChick View Post
    Just curious, do you vape with one atomizer until it dies, have one for each flavor you enjoy, or just rotate them on a daily/weekly/monthly basis regardless?

Wondering what others do. I haven't built up a stable of attys yet; in fact, I tend to burn out the atty the day (or day after) my 'backup' atomizer arrives. *L*

~Brendalee
    Wow you are lucky
    I have 10 atty that I rotate every 2 days
    They have lasted since Nov
    I keep an extra 20 in storage
    LuckyKitty-Fuck um. Let them say what they want. I am in the same mental class as Liscab and Conrad

i use till they taste iky then put them down to drain and use a new one i have about 20-30 in storage and cartomizers for backups

Details for Vapestock, June 10-11, 2011: http://www.vapestock.us

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Vape til dead... my current one is going on 4 mos so far
    Regular or LR?

And yeah, vape til it's dead.

I used to have dedicated attys for different flavor profiles. I've gotten very lazy now, though, and when I change a flavor, I either vape through the weird over-lap of flavors or I blow out the atomizer real quick and just don't inhale the first few puffs on a flavor change.

I've also been vaping long enough that not only do I have a stable of atomizers, I've also got several different PVs. Thus, for example, I might find myself vaping one flavor profile with my eGo, then another flavor profile with my Fistpack.

I pretty much change an atomizer when it either gets weak or dies. Like I said, I'm lazy.

Honestly, you never really want to be in a position where you have less than 3 atomizers on hand as spares. While they can last a very, very long time, it's not all that unusual for an atomizer to die within a few days for no apparent reason. (And that is particularly true with the newer low resistance atomizers.)

Quote Originally Posted by cassavetes View Post
    Regular or LR?

And yeah, vape til it's dead.
    Regular; my LRs are on hold til i get my Precise 18650

Another one that goes until dead. I use a 510 on my Prodigy V1, and an 801 on my Silver Bullet. I alternate both throughout the day...while also mixing in my 601. All regular resistance atomizers at 3.7v

Vape til it dies.
    Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone. I represent no one and no one represents me. Kthx.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JustJulie View Post
    Honestly, you never really want to be in a position where you have less than 3 atomizers on hand as spares. While they can last a very, very long time, it's not all that unusual for an atomizer to die within a few days for no apparent reason. (And that is particularly true with the newer low resistance atomizers.)
    That's what I was thinking. It just seems that whenever I order 2 more as 'backups', the one I was using initally dies, leaving me with just one backup. Then the other dies as I'm ordering NEW backups. *rollseyes*

I'm still in a learning curve, and there's just some random things that go with atomizers - like dying for no reason at times! *LOL* I think I've killed a couple by letting them get too dry or getting too wet. I'm pretty sure there's something a little wonky about the atomizer I'm using now, because it leaks even if I drip one drop and I think it might have almost ruined a battery (manual M401). Ah well. As the fates would have it...I should have a new atty here tomorrow.

I'm just gonna order 5 or 6 of them from somewhere. I'm also getting a 510 manual passthru, so I'll be able to play around with LR attys and such. (yes, I know they aren't compatible w/the M401 - I'm just branching out!)

I was just wondering if they might last longer if (once I get a few attys on-hand AT ONCE!) I rotated them out daily/every other day/some similar schedule, and wondered if anyone did anything similar.

Thanks so much for your answers! Keep 'em coming!

~Carps'Chick