Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats in E-Juice???

Default Whats in E-Juice???

Just wondering the exact ingredients in most common VG/PG juices out there. Can someone post something up or give me some details on this. I get asked this alot when showing people E-Cigs. This is what I tell them so far..

PG or VG ( its used in common household foods and items)
    Nicotine
    Artificial flavoring
    Sometimes distilled water or vodka etc.
    and that's it really

I know I am most likely wrong but anyone know a post or site of the exact ingredients in these juices?

Also I have been getting a few naysayers that tell me PG is in Antifreeze, Is this true? I thought Ethylene Glycol was in anti freeze, not Propylene Glycol
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscab View Post
    Fuck you VZ you are killing my dreams
    Taste the Essence....
    Best Juice ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by VtotheZ View Post
    Just wondering the exact ingredients in most common VG/PG juices out there. Can someone post something up or give me some details on this. I get asked this alot when showing people E-Cigs. This is what I tell them so far..

PG or VG ( its used in common household foods and items)
    Nicotine
    Artificial flavoring
    Sometimes distilled water or vodka etc.
    and that's it really

I know I am most likely wrong but anyone know a post or site of the exact ingredients in these juices?

Also I have been getting a few naysayers that tell me PG is in Antifreeze, Is this true? I thought Ethylene Glycol was in anti freeze, not Propylene Glycol
    yes, PG is in antifreeze.
    http://www.vapeordie.com
    Follow me @Flitzanu on Twitter, be a fan at Facebook.

I'm no doctor but I've been told that antifreeze also has hydrogen dioxide. I have seen some E-liquids that also contain this chemical, BEWARE!

Pg can be used in antifreeze but it is not the toxic component, pg is also used in asthma inhalers.
    ty king of the smilies Conrad

If I am not mistaken, I think PG is used in anti-freeze to make it less toxic.

Read it here on the forums, not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzanu View Post
    yes, PG is in antifreeze.

By the way,,,water itself is also used in antifreeze,also food coloring.

Quote Originally Posted by VapeOn View Post
    If I am not mistaken, I think PG is used in anti-freeze to make it less toxic.

Read it here on the forums, not 100% sure though.
    Yes, antifreeze manufacturers started using Propylene Glycol so that antifreeze would be less toxic. Ethylene Glycol is the highly toxic ingredient that used to be used in all antifreeze, and people sometimes mistake one for the other, or they think they are the same even though they are not. E-liquid does NOT contain ethylene glycol.

ETA: here is an info sheet on PG http://www.vapersclub.com/pg.html PG is also used to administer certain medicines to children and in many food and personal care products.

Also ETA: Last I heard, some companies (TastyVapor and TW are coming to mind, though I know there are others) have ingredient lists available to the public.
    Last edited by Niniane; 05-30-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Liberty Flights, Totally Wicked and Johnson Creek seem to be the most forward in stating the chemicals in their e-liquids. Start by visiting their websites. Forum member, Jim Mitchell, recently did an unboxing ovideo f naked 100mg/ml unflavored e-liquid from Freedom Smokes to demonstrate the strict labeling warnings one would want to see from a conscientious vendor.
    "At some point you have to ask when this place changes from a vapers forum with drama to a drama forum with vapers." - Gatsby

Quote Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
    By the way,,,water itself is also used in antifreeze,also food coloring.
    E liquid has water and hydrogen dioxide like I said before????????