Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hear of e-cigs harming vocal cords?

Default Anyone hear of e-cigs harming vocal cords?

Not sure if this is the right place to post or not but hubby came home saying someone told him that e-cigs can harm your vocal cords and possibly make it so you can no longer talk. I haven't heard of this before and searched the FDA site, along with the news on here and haven't found anything to support it. Something about the vapors inhaled being too hot. Sounds bogus to me but wanted to see if anyone else had heard of this.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Angie

It is BS.

PG can cause mild throat irritation and that should be taken into account if you are a singer/actor.. otherwise it is irrelevant.
    Don't forget to join National Vapers Club and help fight the e-cigarette bans!
    www.VapersClub.com
    I cannot get PM's on this forum. I can be reached at VapersClub@aol.com.

PS.. moving to medical subforum
    Don't forget to join National Vapers Club and help fight the e-cigarette bans!
    www.VapersClub.com
    I cannot get PM's on this forum. I can be reached at VapersClub@aol.com.

that is retarded and you should tell them that. if that could happen the fda would have latched onto that and it would be on every news media.
    The only truth you will find will be the one you knew all along.-Me

CERTIFIED THREAD AND CHAT KILLER.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    It is BS.

PG can cause mild throat irritation and that should be taken into account if you are a singer/actor.. otherwise it is irrelevant.
    Thanks so much. It didn't sound right to me but wanted to make sure. You guys are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatCat37 View Post
    that is retarded and you should tell them that. if that could happen the fda would have latched onto that and it would be on every news media.
    LMAO at PhatCat. You're right on that, that's why I tried searching the FDA site for anything to credit/discredit the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    It is BS.

Halls fruit breezers and hot tea with lots of honey takes care of the irritation enough to preform.
    I have a friend who is a singer who vapes.

being a singer.. i can tell you for a fact... NO.. you do NOT lose your voice..

PG can cause mild irritation.. but not nearly as much in an ecig as one would get from a fog machine.. which are quite frequently OVERUSED during concerts and the like.. basically.. the absolute worst case is that you may (if overly irritated) sound slightly like you have a cold

VOTE FOR TAUKIMADA HERE

"Know thyself because what else is there to know?" People hide secrets. Time is a lie. The material world can disappear in an instant. It has, and it will again. Our identities change. Our names, the way we look, how we act and speak. We're shapeshifters. There is no control, no constant, no shelter, but the love of family and the body God gave us. And we can only hope that will always be enough."

"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel? "

And I was told that if I kept up doing what I was doing when I was a teen, I'd go blind....That, too, was a lie....but I do wear glasses...LOL
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????

Well believe me, I've been using e cigs for 5 months now and I can still talk, just ask the old man. LOL HOWEVER, I do know that Rick over at ECF has had some major throat problems from vaping.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKitty View Post
    Well believe me, I've been using e cigs for 5 months now and I can still talk, just ask the old man. LOL HOWEVER, I do know that Rick over at ECF has had some major throat problems from vaping.
    Well I been vaping for over a year now and I talk, if I could sing it would be a mirical.

People over at ECF unless you know them personally I would not take anything they say to the bank. The percentages are against most of those claims being true in the numbers that have been reported.

Most of it is attention getting shit.

Most inteligent people would be going to the doctor instead of doing Dear Dr. Gott on a forum.

Just my opine, back to work
    What happened to common sense?
    When did people quit think for themselves?

Dr Ivan Oransky."You all have a universally fatal condition. Its called pre-death. Every single one of you has it, because you have the risk factor for it, which is being alive.

"KISS MY VAPING ASS" Treece 2011

"There is NO safe level of Govt stupidity": Patsy Nurse, UK 2011