Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Claim of ecig battery explosion

Question Claim of ecig battery explosion

I can't decide if this is a genuine report or not, it's the first one I've heard about a standard ecig battery having a problem.

The picture appears to show the insides of a battery but the plastic isn't melted or anything ... or am I just not seeing it?

http://angelabininger.com/2010/03/11...nic-cigarette/

to me it looks like they just pulled the outter case off...but ive never done i so i dont know

Details for Vapestock, June 10-11, 2011: http://www.vapestock.us

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me but I wouldn't want to say I know what I'm talking about because it could be a true story.

My worry (*putting on my tinfoil hat*) is that vaping has so many interests against it that we'll see smear campaigns from people posing as users and making up hazards. There have been four battery explosions in the last couple of months reported on forums, all from mods and all possibly from badly designed devices or user error. This one would be unusual because the standard batteries are supposed to be certified safe I believe.

I mean, it's one of the risks of buying a homemade device - you have no guarantee of fitness for purpose but the mass manufactured ones should be tested and CE mark approved.

No, it exploded while charging. Trust me, I lived it!

Quote Originally Posted by datsafunny1 View Post
    No, it exploded while charging. Trust me, I lived it!
    Welcome to VF.

Are you the one this happened to? Or are you saying the same thing happened to you?

i'm willing to bet there are thousands of ecig batteries produced in China monthly....so far i have only heard of one failure...to ME that sounds like pretty good quality control

http://www.vapersforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=18
    I hate watch they remember me that very soon I could be Love impotente ~ Liscab

Bartleby, Cisco Laser Mod, Lil Chuck, Xhaler, Tornado, Nuck Fistpack, The Storm, Mr. Puffer, DSE905 v2, GG Slim, BillyBoy Dual Atty Passthrough(WOOT!)

hard to believe , I wander what charger did that ? can we blame the charger ?
    Never allow Liscab steps into your dreams.

BIG DINGO DADDY

Looks like a 901 battery disassembled to me.

I've seen what happens to a li-ion battery packet once pierced, and shorted, and the damage is usually bad enough to produce some carbon scoring, which I do not see here, but even then, my battery never exploded, merely popped and made smoke. And that was a 6-cell iBook battery that I pierced. :P

Click for links page
    There seems to be a misconception that I'm a girl... I wish..

Ah, Angela?

Sorry to hear you've had this problem. Did you think of reporting this to the people who enforce consumer safety laws in your country, I'm sure they would want to know if there are dangerous batteries on the market?

I have had a 901 that did have issues and vented but it didn't explode. It started heating up on it's own so I chunked it out the back door. The dissection later when I pulled the insides out... oozing stuff, battery chemicals I assume and smelled a bit.

Hers looks like it was just pulled out, wires broken from the connector. It's too clean looking for a melt down or explosion judging from the one I had do that.

I'm thinking charger itself maybe or a short in the charger..