Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diabetic safe vape

Default diabetic safe vape

So I am interseted in turning on a close friend and I am worried there is too much sugar in the juice. Can anyone set me straight on what juices are safe? Are there any other diabetic vapers on the forum that can give me some info.? My buddy is up to 2 packs a day and looking horrible. I really would love some help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteveJenkins View Post
    So I am interseted in turning on a close friend and I am worried there is too much sugar in the juice. Can anyone set me straight on what juices are safe? Are there any other diabetic vapers on the forum that can give me some info.? My buddy is up to 2 packs a day and looking horrible. I really would love some help on this.
    No juice that I am aware of has sugar. I am diabetic, so I thought of this myself. Although PG is sweet by nature, it contains no sugars.
    Sugar (sucrose) is the antithesis of atomisers. Vaping heats the nicquid. If there is sugar, it will remain on the atomizer and contaminate it, not vape.
    Compared to smoking, for a diabetic, you are FAR better off vaping than smoking. I confirm this by the fact that my doctor asked me for how to get vaping, for her own MOTHER!
    You are NOT going to absorb sugars by vaping. Period!
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????

Diabetic here as well. When my Doc found out I quit cigs and switched to PVs he said, "Use an e-cig the rest of your life, I have no problem with that." But then, the standard disclaimer applies, talk to your Dr.

my girl is a diabetic , she has been vaping 18mg Riskee non stop... since december , does not affect her blood sugar.

i'm pretty sure that if real sugar were in any juices , it would just destroy the atty.

thanks all of you, really. I am ordering him an EgO now. He has many other bad habits, but this seems to be one that I can help with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteveJenkins View Post
    thanks all of you, really. I am ordering him an EgO now. He has many other bad habits, but this seems to be one that I can help with.
    I would start him off on CIGNOT's no box 510 setup...2 complete e-cigs and charger/carts. for $35....get some juice, too. That way, if it doesn't work, the investment is minimal.
    I do not sell for anyone...this is just a suggestion. the 510 is the beginners primary choice for a starter.
    --Just suggesting.
    Doctor Jello will see you now. Mwahahaha. You want me to squirt this WHERE?????

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post
    I would start him off on CIGNOT's no box 510 setup...2 complete e-cigs and charger/carts. for $35....get some juice, too. That way, if it doesn't work, the investment is minimal.
    I do not sell for anyone...this is just a suggestion. the 510 is the beginners primary choice for a starter.
    --Just suggesting.
    That is exactly what I started with and it was great. 510 is the shit! and so is Terry I love the Cignot Basic juice. I got a SB about two weeks ago because I thought I needed the power boost, but in the first day I discovered it just wasn't descreet enough for my travels. I got the EgO last week and it turns out that the battery was my problem. The Ego just lasts long enough to get me through the work day and I have the SB in the car for the rest of the night. My buddy is somehow lazier than I (although my wife would say impossible) and I don't want him to have to rotate the batteries because he will give up so I think the EgO is the best starter for him if he bails I will just throw it back in my stash as a backup.

I am an insulin dependant diabetic. I have found that most maple and honey flavors contain small amounts of sugar, but generally not enough to hurt your atomizer which is more sensitive to sugar than most diabetics

HOWEVER, what I have also found is that nocotine levels can have a BIG effect on diabetes... When I increased my nicotine to make the analog cravings go away, my Bgl (Blood Glucose (sugars) ) levels got higher...

As I've reduced my nicotine my Bgl levels got lower, and I have had a few Hard Low Blood Sugar episodes because I took too much insulin.

On stressful days I tend to vape more nicotine so I sometimes find that my Bgl levels are not consistant, and the amounts of bolus insulin that "SHOULD" be correct don't act in exactly the way I expect them to...

Any diabetic that switches from one form of nicotine delivery system to another needs to test frequently and closely watch their Bgl until they see hoy THEY are going to react...

Diabetes is a custom designer desease. It is different for every single individual that has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mitchell View Post
    I am an insulin dependant diabetic. I have found that most maple and honey flavors contain small amounts of sugar, but generally not enough to hurt your atomizer which is more sensitive to sugar than most diabetics

HOWEVER, what I have also found is that nocotine levels can have a BIG effect on diabetes... When I increased my nicotine to make the analog cravings go away, my Bgl (Blood Glucose (sugars) ) levels got higher...

As I've reduced my nicotine my Bgl levels got lower, and I have had a few Hard Low Blood Sugar episodes because I took too much insulin.

On stressful days I tend to vape more nicotine so I sometimes find that my Bgl levels are not consistant, and the amounts of bolus insulin that "SHOULD" be correct don't act in exactly the way I expect them to...

Any diabetic that switches from one form of nicotine delivery system to another needs to test frequently and closely watch their Bgl until they see hoy THEY are going to react...

Diabetes is a custom designer desease. It is different for every single individual that has it.
    Im type 2 and have found im doing waay better on having small amounts of nic as i love vaping..hubby love the nic so hes alot higher nic wise then me...i probably say im vaping 8mg or so...but if i want high i go high just not chain vape and if i chain vape i get the headache and sick feeling and have to drink more water and eat something...which is usually a sign that my sugars are off...sadly i haven't really tested much..gonna talk to my doctor about supplies....the test strips are expensive!! i have tons of lancets though

Details for Vapestock, June 10-11, 2011: http://www.vapestock.us

You're a wonderful friend for helping him out. Smoking+diabetes is a deadly combo. I can't offer any personal advice, but from the anecdotes I've read, some people with diabetes who switch to vaping do notice an uptick in their blood sugar. It could easily be related to nic levels (it's interesting to hear Jenn and Jim's experiences on that).
    I've also seen studies in diabetics that show some dysregulation in blood sugar right after smoking cessation. In those cases, potential contributing factors could be weight gain after quitting (which vaping often prevents), or it could be related to smoking cessation itself (such as from the temporary hypothyrosis that can happen when you stop taking in certain toxins from smoking).
    In any case, it's good to have one's doctor informed of the switch in case any monitoring/tweaking has to happen. As Jim said, it's an illness that affects different people in vastly different ways.

Cignot offers the best-priced 510 kit, but the stock 510s have terrible battery life, which the eGo solves; either are a great starter choice. Best of luck and good health to your friend (and you)!