Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling of High Concentration Nicotine Juice for Dummies

Default Handling of High Concentration Nicotine Juice for Dummies

There have been some arguements lately about vendors selling high concentration nicotine liquid. I personally like being able to buy 60-100mg liquid as I can mix my own liquids and have it last a lot longer... more bang for my buck. There have been arguements on both sides... what if's thrown back and forth... blah blah.

After talking to Spikey last night on the phone I have changed my stance on this subject. The thing is... it will only take one person to fuck up and kill themselves to really get these bans rolling. I guess in Utah, just the thought that "e-cigs" could POSSIBLY harm someone was enough to get the bill to pass in the Senate. We got lucky that the House had a bit more common sense. The thing is... if there is one e-cig related death, or major accident.. it will rain down hell on all of us.

That being said, I know vendors will still carry high concentration nicotine liquid, and people will still buy it. There are general rules when handling nicotine liquid in any strength (ie: if you get it on your hand go wash it). When we start talking about concentrations of 60mg plus you need to take it a lot more seriously.

1. If you have an IQ below 100 ("average" intelligence) don't even think of goining near any nicotine liquid above 36mg
    2. If you have children or pets keep your liquid somewhere where they cannot get a hold of it. On top of the refrigerator IS NOT a good place... any 2-3 year old with any climbing skills can get up there. LOCK IT UP!
    3. DO NOT attempt to vape high concentrations of nicotine liquid. The liquid is meant to be cut down!!
    4. When handling it wear protective clothing (rubber gloves, goggles/face shield, appron, fuckin chem suit if you got it). If you get this shit on you it can K-I-L-L your ass... at the very least make you blind (if you get it in your eyes) or make you extremely sick.
    5. Be mindful of the pipets/syringes and other tools you may use for mixing. The nicotine residue on these tools would probably be enough to at the very least get a small child or pet really sick. Lock them up too.
    6. If you happen to get uncut nicotine juice on you. IMMEDIATELY wash the affected area thoroughly. Don't wait until you are done mixing... GET YOUR ASS UP AND WASH THE SHIT OFF!! If it gets on your clothes.. IMMEDIATELY remove the clothing, and get that shit washed off of you!
    7. Use common sense

There are probably more cautionary things some of the more experience DIYers out there could put here, and please do.
    Last edited by Xeno; 02-10-2010 at 09:08 AM.

good post xeno!!

Details for Vapestock, June 10-11, 2011: http://www.vapestock.us

Ventilation is also important.. you shouldn't be messing with this stuff in a locked up closet.. if you start to feel woozy - get out of the area and into some fresh air..
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything...

Click me!

Remember....Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Excellent post, Xeno.

Very good post! its important to keep these safety measures when dealing with ANY strength of E-liquid...

I don't know...personally i'd never go near anything higher then 48mg because *Personally* i don't feel that i would feel safe messing with it...But where did the figure of 60mg come from as being an All inclusive number? I just think this is over regulation and unneeded...the vendors have taken it upon themselves in most cases to put severe warning on any bottles of high nicotine liquid, and question those they sell to about proper safety measures...

This is just the completely wrong way to do it...What we should be doing is talking to the vendors who sell this liquid to Continue to put warnings on bottle, include required safety supplies with high niq liquid and include information packets with every bottle sold....to completely ban the liquid doesn't do anything but make use look like ostriches...hiding our head in the sand instead of fixing the problem....

again Prohibition is never the answer! Education and proper precautions are...and honestly Xeno...i'm kinda surprised to see a Conservative taking the stance of Prohibition

http://www.vapersforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=18
    I hate watch they remember me that very soon I could be Love impotente ~ Liscab

Bartleby, Cisco Laser Mod, Lil Chuck, Xhaler, Tornado, Nuck Fistpack, The Storm, Mr. Puffer, DSE905 v2, GG Slim, BillyBoy Dual Atty Passthrough(WOOT!)

Thanks for putting this together, Xeno.

Like you said; all it'll take is one careless moron to ruin it for the entire vaping community.

Keep the high-nicitine Juice in its ORIGINAL marked bottle!! I recall a video where the DIYer bought 30ml bottles and put them in a 20 oz soda bottle. Marked it with a skull and cross-bones.
    MjMetz for president of NVC in 2013

Xeno, I applaud you for the post.
    To the best of my knowledge, none of us are trained chemists. We keep circulating hearsay as fact.
    Do we KNOW what concentrations are truly lethal/injurious?
    Do we KNOW proper procedure when handling hazardous chemicals?
    I certainly am not sure about the first question.

I always have taken the stance that if you just use common sense and are careful, higher concentrations of nic juice are not going to harm you. Unfortunately, common sense is not all that common.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
    Very good post! its important to keep these safety measures when dealing with ANY strength of E-liquid...

I don't know...personally i'd never go near anything higher then 48mg because *Personally* i don't feel that i would feel safe messing with it...But where did the figure of 60mg come from as being an All inclusive number? I just think this is over regulation and unneeded...the vendors have taken it upon themselves in most cases to put severe warning on any bottles of high nicotine liquid, and question those they sell to about proper safety measures...

This is just the completely wrong way to do it...What we should be doing is talking to the vendors who sell this liquid to Continue to put warnings on bottle, include required safety supplies with high niq liquid and include information packets with every bottle sold....to completely ban the liquid doesn't do anything but make use look like ostriches...hiding our head in the sand instead of fixing the problem....

again Prohibition is never the answer! Education and proper precautions are...and honestly Xeno...i'm kinda surprised to see a Conservative taking the stance of Prohibition
    Isn't it 50 or 60mg that is a possible lethal dose to an adult? That's where I got that from. Anyways, after talking to Spikey last night... I completely see her point.

These guys who make the laws know NOTHING about electronic cigarettes and want to ban them. It almost happened in Utah. Spikey told me, and I haven't listened to the audio as of yet, that one of the guys said they MIGHT be harmful and everyone in the state senate jumped on the band wagon to ban them. OMG... they might be harmful... no proof... and ban???

Imagine for one second some noob comes here, sees a link to buy 100+mg juice, orders it, and kills him/herself. They'd have a fuckin fieldday with that!! Think about it.

Spikey isn't thinking of individual rights here... like your or my right to order 100000mg nicotine liquid. She is thinking of the community as a whole...

One person fucks up... and it could be the end.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims...ctionTitle:7.2 Toxicity

7.2 Toxicity
    7.2.1 Human data
    7.2.1.1 Adults
    The mean lethal dose has been estimated to be 30
    to 60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) (Gosselin, 1988).
    7.2.1.2 Children
    The lethal dose is considered to be about 10 mg
    of nicotine (Arena, 1974).