There have been some arguements lately about vendors selling high concentration nicotine liquid. I personally like being able to buy 60-100mg liquid as I can mix my own liquids and have it last a lot longer... more bang for my buck. There have been arguements on both sides... what if's thrown back and forth... blah blah.
After talking to Spikey last night on the phone I have changed my stance on this subject. The thing is... it will only take one person to fuck up and kill themselves to really get these bans rolling. I guess in Utah, just the thought that "e-cigs" could POSSIBLY harm someone was enough to get the bill to pass in the Senate. We got lucky that the House had a bit more common sense. The thing is... if there is one e-cig related death, or major accident.. it will rain down hell on all of us.
That being said, I know vendors will still carry high concentration nicotine liquid, and people will still buy it. There are general rules when handling nicotine liquid in any strength (ie: if you get it on your hand go wash it). When we start talking about concentrations of 60mg plus you need to take it a lot more seriously.
- If you have an IQ below 100 ("average" intelligence) don't even think of goining near any nicotine liquid above 36mg
- If you have children or pets keep your liquid somewhere where they cannot get a hold of it. On top of the refrigerator IS NOT a good place... any 2-3 year old with any climbing skills can get up there. LOCK IT UP!
- DO NOT attempt to vape high concentrations of nicotine liquid. The liquid is meant to be cut down!!
- When handling it wear protective clothing (rubber gloves, goggles/face shield, appron, fuckin chem suit if you got it). If you get this shit on you it can K-I-L-L your ass... at the very least make you blind (if you get it in your eyes) or make you extremely sick.
- Be mindful of the pipets/syringes and other tools you may use for mixing. The nicotine residue on these tools would probably be enough to at the very least get a small child or pet really sick. Lock them up too.
- If you happen to get uncut nicotine juice on you. IMMEDIATELY wash the affected area thoroughly. Don't wait until you are done mixing... GET YOUR ASS UP AND WASH THE SHIT OFF!! If it gets on your clothes.. IMMEDIATELY remove the clothing, and get that shit washed off of you!
- Use common sense
There are probably more cautionary things some of the more experience DIYers out there could put here, and please do.