Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NICOTINE POISONING

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Port Arthur, Texas
    Posts
    6,497

    Default NICOTINE POISONING

    NICOTINE POISONING

    We are constantly talking about Nicotine Poisoning on the forum; we believe that nicotine is a very toxic substance. While that is reported to be true, the medical research on nicotine poisoning show a real shortage of reports on nicotine poisoning among average persons.
    There are reports of nicotine poisoning in the following area:

    • Ingestion of Tobacco Tree plant, Nicotiana glauca, very toxic, Neuromuscular blockade after ingestion of tree tobacco, Mellick LB, Makowski T, Mellick GA, Borger R. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...m&ordinalpos=5 We are hoping no one will be trying to smoke any of this or make e-liquid from this plant.

    • People attempting to commit suicide, using tobacco soaked in water, injected (already posted report) or drinking. (For reference skoal come in 34.2g containers, skoal and some loose tobacco contains 11 to 17 mg of nicotine per gram.) “Case report: A 67-year-old man tried to commit suicide by following guidelines found on an Internet site. He soaked 300 grams of tobacco for 3 days in water, evaporated most of the extract, and drank the rest of it. He felt sick immediately, with the following signs: respiratory depression, hypothermia, hypersalivation, bradycardia, and myoclonic jerks. Soon after the ingestion he vomited most of the extract. Toxicological analysis revealed potentially life-threatening nicotine and cotinine serum concentrations”. Internet suicide guidelines: report of a life-threatening poisoning using tobacco extract. Schneider S, Diederich N, Appenzeller B, Schartz A, Lorang C, Wennig R. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=10

    • Green tobacco sickness (GTS) is an occupational illness that causes significant morbidity in tobacco harvesters. Green tobacco sickness Hipke ME.. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8367763?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.P ubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_SingleItemSupl.Pu bmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=5&log$=relatedreviews&lo gdbfrom=pubmed

    • Children’s ingestion tobacco products are a much touted concern and reasons for passing laws to protect children. We all want children to be safe and protected, so how protected are they from tobacco products, the answer is: They are not protected from ingestion of cigarettes and other tobacco products. Yet a review of the literature on nicotine poisoning reveal that very few if any children have died from accidental ingestion of tobacco products. There is a real shortage of studies in the area. [Six-year review of cigarette ingestion in children--gastric lavage versus medical observation] Kubo K, Chishiro T. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=23

    Note: gastric lavage is a fancy name for stomach pump

    • We are all concerned about accidental Adult nicotine poisoning as we use liquids containing nicotine: We all want to know how much nicotine will actual poison us and what is a lethal dose of nicotine: I did not find the exact answer, most deaths occurred when nicotine was combined with alcohol, or other drugs, combinations of drugs/alcohol and then the researcher were vague as to how much nicotine was consumed. Death due to ingestion of nicotine-containing solution: Case report and review of the literature. Solarino B, Rosenbaum F, Rießelmann B, Buschmann CT, Tsokos M. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...m&ordinalpos=2

    Note: While brucine is related to strychnine, it is not as poisonous. Nevertheless, a human consuming over 2 milligrams of pure brucine will almost certainly suffer symptoms resembling strychnine poisoning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brucine (makes me wonder if there was some bias in the report)

    • A Case study where researcher question now accurate are the guidelines on tobacco poisoning. The doctors had a patient that kept eating cigarettes, estimated from 7 to 20 at a time, the patient did this on several occasions, while it did make the patient sick, the patient was never in danger of dying from the ingestion of the cigarettes. “CONCLUSION: An ingestion of more than 6 cigarettes is considered a life-threatening intoxication for adult persons. In spite of the ingestion of 7 up to 20 cigarettes our patient never showed any symptoms of a severe or life-threatening nicotine intoxication. In the last decades no lethal nicotine intoxication after ingestion of cigarettes in adults was published in the literature.” [The lethal ingestion of cigarettes in adults: does it really exist?] Metzler W, Wronski R, Bewig B. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=69

    Note: NCBI/pubmed’s data base is use worldwide and goes back to 1949 on nicotine poisoning.

    This review of the research on Nicotine poisoning showed me that some of the hype about the dangers of nicotine is not really accurate and a lot of unanswered questions. One piece of advice I can give is, be very careful which drugs, especially recreational drugs you use with large amounts of Nicotine, but then the amounts would require you to drink the e-liquid.

    The powers that be have guesstimated the toxicity of nicotine and we have taken it as an absolute truth. We have been told that nicotine is bad, yet everyday Researchers are finding benefits for the use of nicotine. Each will have to make their own decision as to how toxic nicotine is and how concerned about nicotine they should be. All drugs, medications from aspirin to caffeine have toxic levels when too much is consumed.

    Life is not very safe, if you live in the real world.
    What happened to common sense?
    When did people quit think for themselves?

    Dr Ivan Oransky."You all have a universally fatal condition. It’s called pre-death. Every single one of you has it, because you have the risk factor for it, which is being alive.”

    "KISS MY VAPING ASS" Treece 2011

    "There is NO safe level of Govt stupidity": Patsy Nurse, UK 2011

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    as far away as I can get.
    Posts
    9,790

    Default

    Yes, well, we've weakened the gene pool thanks to all of this silly legislation that's "for the children".

    As if more laws will make people better parents or children smarter.

    Sorry....I'm cynical as shit these days...

    Carry on...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beech Mountain, NC
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    My casual research finds that...

    The mean lethal dose [for adults] has been estimated to be 30 to 60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) (Gosselin, 1988)

    For children, the lethal dose is considered to be about 10 mg of nicotine (Arena, 1974).

    Source: The International Programme on Chemical Safety

    I assume this is straight, concentrated nicotine. I am scrounging around for the Gosseline and Arena papers.

  4. #4
    MidnighToker's Avatar
    MidnighToker is offline Sellout Cocksucking Still-semi-absent Admin
    "I’m more than happy to explain it to you. In fact,
    I’ll even draw you a fucking picture!
    But I cannot UNDERSTAND it for you!"
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taz3cat View Post
    • People attempting to commit suicide, using tobacco soaked in water, injected (already posted report) or drinking. (For reference skoal come in 34.2g containers, skoal and some loose tobacco contains 11 to 17 mg of nicotine per gram.) “Case report: A 67-year-old man tried to commit suicide by following guidelines found on an Internet site. He soaked 300 grams of tobacco for 3 days in water, evaporated most of the extract, and drank the rest of it. He felt sick immediately, with the following signs: respiratory depression, hypothermia, hypersalivation, bradycardia, and myoclonic jerks. Soon after the ingestion he vomited most of the extract. Toxicological analysis revealed potentially life-threatening nicotine and cotinine serum concentrations”. Internet suicide guidelines: report of a life-threatening poisoning using tobacco extract. Schneider S, Diederich N, Appenzeller B, Schartz A, Lorang C, Wennig R. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=10
    I remember reading about this "poisoning" technique as a kid in "The Anarchist Cookbook" (long since blacklisted)


    Quote Originally Posted by taz3cat View Post
    Life is not very safe, if you live in the real world.
    A-fucking-men

    Quote Originally Posted by GEP View Post
    Yes, well, we've weakened the gene pool thanks to all of this silly legislation that's "for the children".

    As if more laws will make people better parents or children smarter.

    Sorry....I'm cynical as shit these days...

    Carry on...
    We're breeding a country full of pussies. Just sayin'
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln


    "Middle fingers up, if you don't give a fuck!
    I'm sick to death of swallowing, every single thing I'm fed.
    Middle fingers up, if you don't give a fuck!
    You think you're changing anything?
    Question everything!"
    "Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
    C'est la vie', adiós, good riddance, Fuck you!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Port Arthur, Texas
    Posts
    6,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEP View Post
    Yes, well, we've weakened the gene pool thanks to all of this silly legislation that's "for the children".

    As if more laws will make people better parents or children smarter.

    Sorry....I'm cynical as shit these days...

    Carry on...
    Gep, I wanted to say that but I am practicing to write better.

    Quote Originally Posted by breakfastchef View Post
    My casual research finds that...

    The mean lethal dose [for adults] has been estimated to be 30 to 60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) (Gosselin, 1988)

    For children, the lethal dose is considered to be about 10 mg of nicotine (Arena, 1974).

    Source: The International Programme on Chemical Safety

    I assume this is straight, concentrated nicotine. I am scrounging around for the Gosseline and Arena papers.

    Breakfastchef, the doctors were basically using that criteria in assuming that 6 cigs was a lethal dose of nicotine since it is said that each cig has 10mg of nicotine in them but as with the e-cig when smoked we don't quite absorb that much nicotine.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnighToker View Post
    I remember reading about this "poisoning" technique as a kid in "The Anarchist Cookbook" (long since blacklisted)

    A-fucking-men

    We're breeding a country full of pussies. Just sayin'
    I found a recipe for making nic poison here while back it is still out there.

    I would prefer not to be taken care of so well.
    What happened to common sense?
    When did people quit think for themselves?

    Dr Ivan Oransky."You all have a universally fatal condition. It’s called pre-death. Every single one of you has it, because you have the risk factor for it, which is being alive.”

    "KISS MY VAPING ASS" Treece 2011

    "There is NO safe level of Govt stupidity": Patsy Nurse, UK 2011

  6. #6

    Default

    I've totally gotten juice in my mouth before and never felt woozy or anything it just tasted totally gross I hate when it happens. I would say that if anyone got enough to be poisoned it would have to be a real effort, it's not like the stuff tastes good at all. Sort of like being poisoned by gasoline, I'm sure if you drank the stuff you'd die but how many people will actually be able to drink that much without noticing that it tastes gross.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Port Arthur, Texas
    Posts
    6,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriartykicks View Post
    I've totally gotten juice in my mouth before and never felt woozy or anything it just tasted totally gross I hate when it happens. I would say that if anyone got enough to be poisoned it would have to be a real effort, it's not like the stuff tastes good at all. Sort of like being poisoned by gasoline, I'm sure if you drank the stuff you'd die but how many people will actually be able to drink that much without noticing that it tastes gross.
    I agree most of the e-liquid doesn't taste good, but that idiot in that one story that drank the home brew of tobacco juice, manage to drink that crap. I know that really tasted bad. I would like to find out a better record of how much nicotine is toxic. I think drinking very much e-liquid a person would throw up before the got a toxic amount. The stomach is a great protector (most of the time) against us ingestion things that are not good for us. That is just my opinion.
    What happened to common sense?
    When did people quit think for themselves?

    Dr Ivan Oransky."You all have a universally fatal condition. It’s called pre-death. Every single one of you has it, because you have the risk factor for it, which is being alive.”

    "KISS MY VAPING ASS" Treece 2011

    "There is NO safe level of Govt stupidity": Patsy Nurse, UK 2011

  8. #8
    MidnighToker's Avatar
    MidnighToker is offline Sellout Cocksucking Still-semi-absent Admin
    "I’m more than happy to explain it to you. In fact,
    I’ll even draw you a fucking picture!
    But I cannot UNDERSTAND it for you!"
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriartykicks View Post
    I've totally gotten juice in my mouth before and never felt woozy or anything it just tasted totally gross I hate when it happens. I would say that if anyone got enough to be poisoned it would have to be a real effort, it's not like the stuff tastes good at all. Sort of like being poisoned by gasoline, I'm sure if you drank the stuff you'd die but how many people will actually be able to drink that much without noticing that it tastes gross.
    Like you said, it would have to be intentional. I've gotten juice in my mouth that actually tasted pretty good (we are using candy flavoring here), and could probably get enough down to do some damage...If I WANTED to.

    I've got juice up to 100mg. My normal vape is 35-45. I still have yet to shit my pants from overdoing it.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln


    "Middle fingers up, if you don't give a fuck!
    I'm sick to death of swallowing, every single thing I'm fed.
    Middle fingers up, if you don't give a fuck!
    You think you're changing anything?
    Question everything!"
    "Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
    C'est la vie', adiós, good riddance, Fuck you!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •